Wiring Harness Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol, i kno im sounding really stupid, i jus wanna make 100% i kno wot im doin thats all :p and now i do, u guys have been a great help, thanx :)

I think you should completely remove evey wire from the motor to the ECU and under the dash and completely rewire the whole thing. That modle is a complete bastard.

haha tell me about it :D

do u rekon the DPFI to MPFI conversion harness would be a good buy tho? save alot of time and hastle?

Originally posted by APEXi@Jun 13 2005, 02:53 PM
haha tell me about it :D

do u rekon the DPFI to MPFI conversion harness would be a good buy tho? save alot of time and hastle?
[post=511727]Quoted post[/post]​

Are you reading anything we're saying?

you should completely remove evey wire from the motor to the ECU and under the dash and completely rewire the whole thing

ok so first u tell me to use the wiring harness whats already on the car

Your best bet, in my opinion, is to treat it as if it's an 88-91. Follow the directions that Scott posted earlier for doing a MPFI conversion. The pins are the same on the ECU. Wire up the motor with your wiring harness that's already in the car, convert it to MPFI, and buy an obd0-obd1 jumper to use your P72.

That's going to be the easiest and smartest thing to do.

but now ur telling me to change the whole loom?

I think you should completely remove evey wire from the motor to the ECU and under the dash and completely rewire the whole thing. That modle is a complete bastard.

make ur mind up guys :blink:

from what i have learnt form other posts and forums, i think the best thing to do would be to treat my car as if its a 91 OBD0 car. use the existing harness on the car and do a DPFI to MPFI swap. use a OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness then after that wire in the vtec and and knock ect...

i think is is wot u woz sayin wernt u Blanco

But then again, the wires in the pic you sent me of your ecu don't match ANY obd0 pinouts I've found...the wires are in the wrong places and the colors are ALL wrong...you'd be shooting in the dark.

ok then.... what harness do u recomend i use?
the b18 harness?

ok lets jus say i rewire the whole car with the b18 harness....everything now is OBD2 so us that mean i would need to buy a OBD2 to OBD1 conversion harness to run the OBD1 ecu?

let put it another way.... i get a OBD1 eg6 wiring harness... would it plug into the b18 engine plugs? would i need to change anything else? then it would plug straight into my 0BD1 P72 ecu correct?

i kno ur probaly gonna say the b18 harness is the same as the the B16 harness, but i dont understand how there the same considering the B18 is OBD2 and the B16 is OBD1 would u mined explaining plz

This is what you need to do, period, end of story. No further discussion.

One of two things.

1. Take it to a damn shop.

2. Swap out the in-car harness with your B18 in-car harness and plug it in. If the in-car harness is obd2, buy an obd2-obd1 jumper.

That's it. Nothing further.

And FORget the OBD I B16A engine harness idea, it won't work on the OBD II B18C.

Sorry, for got the for :)

i swear that woz the first question i asked lol

my question is, can i jus use the b18 obd2 harness and buy a OBD2 - OBD1 conversion harness jumper wire thing?

lol

my other question thats i asked never got answered neither,but now we kno i have deffinatly gotta use the b18 harness would u mind answering it now plz?

i found that the harness is ether been damaged or has been changed
here is a closer look:

000_0921.jpg

000_0922.jpg

the wires that have been cut are:
white/red
yellow/red
red/white
red/blue

dus and 1 have any ideas y these have been cut or changed? what should i do? solder them back to gether or have they been cut for a reasion ya think?

thanx

Yea, buy some male/female butt connectors, and reconnect everything so the harness is whole again.

Back