Wiring Help PLEASE!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vmk23

I have an 88 CRX with a D16Y8 and and I am trying to wire it to a P28...the person who owned the car before me had it wired wrong i believe and it ran like crap. I need help figuring out which wires need to connect to the P28 ECU from the engine because most of the colors all mixed up on the wires. Anyone know of where i can find a wiring diagram for this swap??? THANKS!

If all else fails find a junk yard with a full engine wire harness for your d16y8 then get the skunk2 conversion to add the p28.

no you need an obd0 to obd 1 conversion, you cant just buy an obd 2 wiring harness that wouldnt do anything this is what you need to do

if you have an si then you are going to plug in your stock obd0 harness into the Y8 motor, then you can get an obd0 to obd1 conversion harness so you can plug in a p28 making the ecu thinkits running a d16z6 0bd1, and then you will need to run the vtec sensor, and oil pressure switch

if you have a std crx, then you are going to need to convert your car to mpfi and then do what is said up top

Back