would you let your gf/bf hang out with their ex?

Would you let your gf or bf hang out with there ex?

• No, they shouldn't even talk to each other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, i would be totally cool if they hung out together without me the

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
My girlfriend thinks i'm a horrible person because i told her if she hangs out with her ex she would never see me again. He dumped her a little over 2 years ago and they were together for about 1 year. Me and my girlfriend got together about 8 months after the two of them broke up. So me and her have been together about 20 months. They still talk online and every once in a while on the phone. But she insists he is a good friend and feels she should be able to hang out with him without me there. Whether they are with a group or just the two of them she thinks there is nothing wrong with it.oh yeah, i've never met him or talked to him and she tells him all the drama that happens between me and her. So what do you guys and girls think.

i regularly hang out with a few of my exes
we are nothing more than friends
if it still seems like he is trying to fuck her then i would not let it fly
if they are simply friends now then i dont see much of an issue with it

na, i don't think its cool that they hang out, but thats cause i trust no girls. it sucks, but if she sees an oppurtunity to do some shit b3ehind your back, it would probably happen and you wouldn't even know about it cause they were "just hanging out". hell no. if they wanna hang out so bad, tell her to get back with him, otherwise if he isn't trying to get back together he is probably just looking for some ass.

Think how guys think, most of us don't get so attached to a GF, that even after we leave em, we still wanna talk just to be friends, we always have other stuff planned too. otherwise we'd just go out and look for another girl.

good luck dude, i went through about the same shit, and we are not together anymore. hope you can work the shit out.

the reason i said yes let them hang out, is becuse my wife lets me hang out with my ex girlfriend....

but all 3 of us hung out before she let me go out alone...and i only smoke weed with her and i would never cheat on my wife.....

but it also depends where they are going....and what they are going to do.

and you need to trust her......i know its hard....because i hardly trust mine

do you know the guy? have you talked to him....

Originally posted by formby@Sep 2 2005, 01:07 PM
do you know the guy? have you talked to him....
[post=548835]Quoted post[/post]​

don't know him, never met him, don't really want to.

hell no, girls hangin out with thier ex's leads to them screwing thier ex's

I voted yes, but it 100% depends on the situation.

In your position, I would probably be cool with it but only if it were in a group or if I were present.

My GF has a daughter with her ex so I have no choice in the matter but she for sure does NOT have any feelings for him anymore so I have no problem with it. Just my .02
I am not voting cuz I don't know what the circumstances are.

well im a vicim of past relationships so id say, no they cant hang out. Only because of all the thinking/wondering/worrying and shit that goes on inside your head while they are out, and even when they are back. plus you know you cant approach them about it cuz theyll say in a pissed off tone "we were JUST hanging out" then if you ask what they did exactly, shell get pissed and not tell you or tell you something just to get you to stop asking. so all n all, no hangin out.

i would say hell no...

if you trust her with your life then maybe...
but its just kinda like inviting your gf to play you like a walmart display model guitar

if you trust your girl, then you should let her hang out with whomeever she choses.
if you don't, you should probably re-think your entire relationship.

yeah im with B. if you trust her, then it shoudlnt matter.

now if hes a fuckhead trying to get some, step in. :)

Why does she always talk about the drama that they went through? Ask her does she still like him. She obviously still thinks about him if they are talking and wanting to hang out. Ask her this, would she mind if you hung out with your ex girl? Now she might lie and say no she doesn't care because that's what she is doing, but if you know her well then you might be able to tell if she is lying to you. Tell her to put herself in your shoes. I know guys and girls think differently, and I would have to say that a girl hanging out with her ex is less of a problem than a guy hanging out with his ex. I was seeing this girl when her ex of 4 years came to pay a visit, I wasn't happy and I tried not to show how angry I was, but it wasn't a good situation, so all in all I don't think it's a positive force in a relationship. Good luck dude.

I stole my girlfriend away from her longterm ex boyfriend, after I met her on a trip. We more or less fell in love over the course of ten days and I wasn't going to let anyone else stand in my way. We were discrete for awhile and it took her far too long to break up with him, but out of character I stayed with her behind his back and let her get away with not being with him. She wasn't physically with him anymore, but she didn't want to break his heart.

Fast forward 2 1/2 years. He's probably still in love with her and he's never met me. He calls her sometimes and she never talks to him in front of me, because she feels its disrespectful. He has a new girlfriend now thats more or less her replacement, I hear and now he thinks he's hot shit after he was a dork.

I don't say a word when she wants to hang out with him. It hasn't happened often but they have hung out alone since everything happened. I don't trust him, but I trust her. I know she'll be coming back to me. ...if she never came back to me, that would be alright because it certainly wouldn't be the person I would want to be with, but I don't ever foresee that happening.

Its all about security and confidence.

Absolutely, resoundingly, NOT.

And even more so, she may be LOOKING for you to put your foot down about it.

Go with your gut, totally.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 2 2005, 01:21 PM

In your position, I would probably be cool with it but only if it were in a group or if I were present.
[post=548843]Quoted post[/post]​

See, this isn't daycare. If you have a girl, the answer is either yes or no, supervised visits won't fly.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Sep 2 2005, 02:10 PM-->
Battle Pope
@Sep 2 2005, 01:21 PM

[post=548843]Quoted post[/post]​

See, this isn't daycare. If you have a girl, the answer is either yes or no, supervised visits won't fly.
[post=548912]Quoted post[/post]​

I was going to type some sort of explanation as to why I posted what I did, but I decided that I don't have to explain myself - to you especially.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 2 2005, 04:13 PM
I was going to type some sort of explanation as to why I posted what I did, but I decided that I don't have to explain myself - to you especially.

Do you have a girlfriend? Have you had many?

It doesn't appear as if you have. What you said, isn't realistic to 99.9% of girls. People act and react based upon emotions, not rational thinking. I've done it before, I've been through the arguments before after saying those words, I have experience with it.

Back