WS6:Firehawk

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That happens sometimes when you get off your ass and try a search.

:eek: :D

Originally posted by dveit@Sep 3 2003, 11:12 PM
I'd take a WS6 over an SS or GT anyday.

But i'd take a cobra over all those. Just my opinion.

why? they lay down almost the same dyno #'s as the z28's and v8 trans ams.. maybe 5 or so more, but is that worth the extra 6-8K they go for? no.

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Sep 4 2003, 05:24 AM-->
@Sep 3 2003, 11:12 PM
I'd take a WS6 over an SS or GT anyday.

But i'd take a cobra over all those. Just my opinion.

why? they lay down almost the same dyno #'s as the z28's and v8 trans ams.. maybe 5 or so more, but is that worth the extra 6-8K they go for? no.

The Z28 and SS will actually dyno more at the rear wheels than a Corvette. Base Vettes have 20 more hp, and 5 more torque than an SS. But the SS lays more on the ground. The reason being the SS has an SRA and the Corvette uses an IRA, which means the Vette turns better than the SS.

The 03 Cobra (as you know since you have one) Will lay down about 80 more hp at the wheels than any stock WS6 or SS. I've seen SVTs dyno at 381 hp while the WS6 would dyno at 305 or so.

Plus for $1200 on top of the Cobra, you can have 450 at the wheels, fairly easily. Chip, pulley, headers, exhaust.

Who ever heard of 70-80 WHP for $1200 WITHOUT Nitrous. I think it's awesome. ;)

Some guy in a Z28 wanted to run me on I-35 on the way back to Austin tonight, but I was loaded down with about 500 pounds of crap... he was jumping back and forth in the lane next to me, so I just turned on my dome light, pointed to all the crap in the back seat that was piled to the ceiling, game him a shrug and that was it. He quit bothering me after that. I really would have loved to roast his ass though!

:lol:

Yeah- I would have torn him a new one, especially starting from a 70 roll on the highway. :lol:

Back