WTF?!?!?!?! Weird situation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
2001 cobras have dully independent suspension with 320 crank hp NA :wink:

Key word = Cobras . . . funny thing about ford tho - they didnt give the new Shelby GT 500 independent rear sus.

BTW Brian says that fwd sucks blah blah blah, but then goes to mention that fwd cars beat a lot of awd rwd cars? wtf mate?

B never said that FWD > RWD at the drag strip.

He said that getting beat on a road course is very diff. than getting beat in the 1/4 mile. . . .

gallery_8_32_46054.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I know plenty about Mustangs.

Indeed, you must! First hand personal experience!

Dude, i drove my buddies 4.6ltr 01 gt the other day just because of this thread.

. . . lets just say that my old B16 coupe wouldnt of been far behind in the 1/4.

My S14 woulda beat this thing so bad its not even funney.

Mustangs are cool if u wanna go fast in a straight line. END of story.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
15k for a 2000 mustang, your an asshat....you could have a Supercharged Corvette for 12k... with 437hp and over 20mpg....

He said he paid 10k for it, which is a good deal I guess. 12k is good for a supercharged vette, but I don't think he would be able to get financing on that would he? I thought most places won't finance anything if it's over so many years old.

I financed the car witha 5.5% rate from Eloan

Quoted post[/post]]
BTW Brian says that fwd sucks blah blah blah, but then goes to mention that fwd cars beat a lot of awd rwd cars? wtf mate?

Quoted post[/post]]
B never said that FWD > RWD at the drag strip.

He said that getting beat on a road course is very diff. than getting beat in the 1/4 mile. . . .

My point was that FWD is naturally disadvantaged.
AWD is disadvantaged too.

RWD is the setup where you can get the most use out of your tires. 2 turning, 2 pushing.

DID FWD's kick a lot of RWD's asses? sure... but, its street mod. and some of the best drivers are in that class. And even more so, research and time to delveop their cars.

as far as the 1/4 mile goes... i don't give a crap about it, and nothing i've ever posted involved it.
I in fact, have NEVER driven a car down a 1/4 mil drag track.

Shall I chime in?

My civic CX would get p'0wn3d by a 4 banger mustang. Mustangs are clearly teh superior. :ph34r:

Comparing apples to oranges: With the same driver:

A regular mustang to a civic dx.. Mustang wins...

A Civic Si to a Mustang GT.. Mustang wins...

A Civic Type R to a Saleen Mustang.. Mustang wins..

Now, I love hondas. Which is why I purchased one.. well, 5 actually. But all things stock, a mustang in similar form would own a civic.

Where we honda enthusiasts get our willies is that we can, with a few modifications, stomp the pants off of an unsuspecting mustang. Our cars are MUCH lighter, and more nimble, with a stiffer chassis. We can tune these little cars very easily to become track stars. Not too difficult. and we can do it on almost 1/3rd the displacement.

Now, Apples to apples.

Mustang Vs. S2000.. I don't care what trim level. Honda's mid-level sports car is FAR superior to Ford's mid level sports car.

I wonder what would happen with an nsx vs the Ford GT?.. the GT is a tough lil bastard. (Not the mustang GT, the Ford GT...)

Back