Xan's 1989 CRX(an)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If you want to feel more confident with the purchase (safety wise) but don't want to spend too much....can you hit up a local Dismantler and check their EF selection? That might be a tough one because those seats are getting old and a clean seat (s) might be hard to find. Si seats are pretty nice looking.

What about seat covers. I don't have a specific example but some are nicer than others. But the better fitting ones take a while to install.

The drivers seat needs straight up replaced. unfortunately all the seats I see from that time period are in similar shape. the passenger seat is pretty much fine. unless the drivers seat would be able to be repaired professionally but that would seem unlikely to me. the seats in my DA9 parts car are really not in much better shape. and besides that I'm somewhat tall so I need seats that are gonna be low enough to accomodate me

Attachments

• 20160919_173303.jpg
    20160919_173303.jpg
    973.9 KB · Views: 321
I'm 6'2" and have a 36" waist. Most import aftermarket race seats don't fit me. With a helmet on....bonk on the headliner.

This is a seat I'd like (Wide Version) but isn't approved for certain track racing (I think it's FIA?). Add a low profile seat rail and it works well. FIA approved seats are at least twice the price.

http://passwordjdm.com/Buddy-Club-Racing-Spec-Bucket-Seat-Wide-Black-P2616C225.aspx

Or you can always get an OEM seat that is in good shape.

I like that one quite a lot actually thanks for the suggestion @CAFROG. I don't really do any racing stuff aside from straight line yet so that's not a big concern. i may end up going with that one.

Got the swap pulled from the 1990 integra. Helping my friend install a control arm in his e46 and then I'm going to break down the swap and get the pieces I need tonight.
20161101_211356.jpg
20161101_225126.jpg

yeah, stay away from cheap seats. they are known to collapse improperly in crashes and can mess up your back pretty good.

I was going to break down the swap last night but ended up helping my friend install new front LCAs in his e46 bimmer (just a 323 5 speed nothing exciting) so TONIGHT I'll be breaking down the swap and gathering what I need... huehuehueh.

So I was wondering as far as Intake Manifolds go I have a 94 LS mani, and the 90 LS mani. I read that the 94 is better for performance, and already being mated to the motor going into the vehicle is a plus but does this change anything as far as my wiring I'm going to have to do? Because the car has a mini me swap (and it's a DX) it already has the jumper harness for the MPFI conversion in place, but I don't know what to swap over to make the 94 manifold work. I will be using an obd0 ecu and distributor to get the project running and driving and converting to obd1 down the road.

Got the swap broken down got all the stuff I need. Transmission goes to my friend's dad Thursday of this week. Going to pull the donor motor tomorrow and get started on the rear suspension conversion using the disc brake suspension out of the 94 Integra.

Debating on grabbing a b20b from one of the local importers one has a clean looking b20b with a p8r head for 500$ which ain't bad or cheaper generic ones for $350. I'm shying away from forced induction because ultimately this is the side chick to the integra and i don't wanna go too crazy. But I did love my B20z in my red integra and i think it would be a fun motor for the little car. All the torque to move that 1900lb car.

I figure I could get 400-ish out of my B18b1 with 103k miles and just reinvest in a b20 which will yield much better results N/A

Also I've ready somethings on the P8R head how does it compare performance wise? I know it has vtec sized valves but how does that translate to power made?

Money well spent would be just keeping the ls and throwing stage 1 cams, valve stem seals, and rod bearings in it and make more power with less investment

Pulled the motor and it uploaded sideways. Life is hard. in any case it and the disc conversion for the crx are both out of the car

Attachments

• 20161115_235054.jpg
    20161115_235054.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 310
Sold the b18b1. gonna go B20 because why not. The guy rebuilding my transmission called me to let me know it needs 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and reverse gears. along with bearings (there was a bearing stuck to the magnet along with lots of shrapnel).

I want to get into doing road coarses there's one pretty close to me that has several events a month and it seems like it would be a ton of fun

Last edited:
GUYS I FINALLY FOUND SOME SEATS. Allegedly '89 SI seats but theyre the exact same as the ones I have now in my DX. But still. Only 150$. I was gonna drop 250$ on some ebay garbage just to have seats so I'm pretty happy. Old seats fo comparison20160919_173303.jpg 20160919_173346.jpg
20161218_125558.jpg

nice, the bolster and headrest are different and new one are worn faded si seats, cleann ones that are still black are dope, esp crx they have red striping all the way down the seats in the grooves

You can probably get them reupholstered for a couple hundred bucks. It would be worth it if you are going to DD it.

In my area I'm probably looking at 300-400$ to get them redone, and since the car is more of a weekend toy idt its worth it for me personally. Mostly itll be nice to get out of the car and not be picking pieces off foam off my clothes.

My leg is finally feeling a little better (off the crutches) so Saturday I'm going to start body and paint on the CRX since there's nothing stopping me from sanding her down. I'm going factory Blade Silver (original color) with and keeping the trim and stuff black. Going to do some track inspired bits on the front and some bozku stuff on the rear.

Got the body stripped... that was a battle lol.

Update on the transmission: The Honda dealership couldn't locate any transmission parts for my YS1 tranny (90-91 B18a1) so that leaves me with either A: Find a new one. Or B: Go aftermarket.

If I'm going aftermarket I was wondering if the guts out of a cable B16 would fit in my 90-91 B18a1 case... anyone know for sure?

Carbon rebuild kits are like 599 (synchrotech) and my guy at the dealership is only gonna charge me 200-250 for the labor so for 850$ I can have a clean transmission that hopefully won't give me any troubles

Back