yeah so the mirage got rear-ended.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Unfortunately, I need to bring the number of cars down.

We trade for an engine though, or a tranmission. I need a either a 200hp build VW aircooled boxer, or a regular old, run of the mill Porsche 6 cylinder boxer. Transmission would be groovy. Any combination and a little cash, cash to me or to you whichever direction it takes.

Or I'll trade for a running dune buggy. Or it can go for .... oh god this is going to kill me to type... $2000. Needs a radiator (And lower radiator support)

I have the car apart now, and everything ready to go - It would need to be either flatbedded up there, or the new radiator dropped in down here and the car driven up there (It would take 2 days in the garage)

Or I could toss in the donor Acura (Which runs and drives), for $2200 for the complete deal. it's a 1989 LS 5 speed with sh!tty brakes.

2 day radiator job? wow! i could have it done in like 2 hours :)

we'll see. i just bought a colt that i gotta get this weekend for the WNTRBDR.

No the lower support has to be redone, the radiator installed and the front end reassembled. When I do motor work, I remove the fenders, header panel, bumper and hood to avoid scratching the paint. (And cracking the fenders)

That's what willtake all that time.

The stereo comes with it - Only slightly better. IM me for details, but it's a trick installed Clarion 7074 with 12 disc changer, proaudio at all 4 corners. The seats, everything you remember. If you need to work out something for cheaper, I can keep that stuff, and I have the original seats for it.

It's back on the phone dials.

mmm phone dials :mrgreen:

ill take the regular seats, and you can take the stereo junk. ive got the alpine :wink: still got that infiniti sub? id like that though.

how much work for the rad suport?

the Infinity sub is in the Civic. Never had it in the CRX.

My intent with the lower rad support was to built it outwards - So that it could move the radiator forward for the turbo ZC turbo clearance.

and I Was going to use a 2" wide, 23" long piece of steel stock for it. Now isthe time to work out shit like that

I can also continue to make the front header panel swing forward to access the radiator. That was another project I Was at the tail end of.

And I was going to remove the bumper support, ala Clayton, and replace it with a stainless bar, with a stainless bar for the upper radiator mount as well. Stiffen the front end up. I still have all of this around to do it.

But if you want the CRX as you last saw it, then no issues at all. needs a radiator and you're on the way.

ADDENDUM: The Clarion is mounted to a Nissan single din cupholder, with the head unit relocated behind the dash. So that when you hit the face, the cupholder slides out. I'll gladly keep that, thanks.

-> Steve

Told you it was trick.

like the one you made for the civic :wink:

just take out all the goodies. i really just need a good, solid running car. itll be my spring DD :) and ill sell the colt for like 500 easy.

what are you looking for? 2 weeks paychecks? :mrgreen:

Now I'm looking for 3 :)

Seriously, what do you wanna do now ? You can take it and pay me back later too - You're good for it. I'll work out anything.

Lemme know

I just got a 94 mirage at work...

bad tranny...rest is good

The only thing you're really buying here is a mint condition, bodywise, CRX. Which is like buying a fur coat to work on cars in the winter.

The body is show condition, with a unique paint color and not a spec of damage anywhere.

Quoted post[/post]]
I just got a 94 mirage at work...

bad tranny...rest is good

ive got a 5spd dsm hydro tranny, clutch and flywheel you can have if you just pick it up.

you will have to fab up hydraulics though. other than that the tranny was rebuilt like 500 miles ago and the clutch has like 500 miles on it.

check out www.mirageforums.net, you can see all the neat stuff ive done to the car as far as making stuff that doesnt fit, fit and etc... im posting as red93mirage.

I've been hunting for a mirage/colt hatch to do the 4G63 swap in...

theres a factory 4G61t one in MD for $1500

its puke green w/ a title problem...

I'm still on the fence. My cousin lives in MD, I'm going to ask him to take a look at it for me.

thaaaaaaaaaaats the one

says it runs mint

I dunno, like I said, I'm on the fence

It's one of about 30 cars I'm looking for

Colt/Mirage turbo hatch
88-89 323 GTX
Audi 4000CSQ
87-89 Alltrac Celica
Isuzu I-mark hatch or a turbo Impulse
ect, ect, ect

Back