Yet another honda added to the stable. Pix of my new rex!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the rex bulid sounds like its goin good man..:thumbsup:

In it for the pics!!
:popcorn:

screw pics, i want a vid of you revving that thing :)

Nice work on the CRX. I like the sound of the future engine plans. The B18A/B1 fall on their faces in the higher RPM's. VTEC head will take care of that :D keep up the good work and LMK if you need anything, I've got B-Series parts galore around here.

Little photo update.. Pics of my new toy (tach) and the motor.

5" Autometer Sport Comp monster tach with shift light:
attachment.php

BEFORE.. The B18A1 Mystery motor. Removed emissions and auto trans garbage, then Replaced damn near everything on the exterior of it. Guts were fine, compression is great.
attachment.php

AFTER!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

New Teg radiator, refurbed header, ngk plugs and wires, new distributor, blasted and coated valve cover, Hasport mounts and linkages, AC removed, PS removed, Heater bypassed, Charcoal canister removed, Map relocated, New dpfi modified engine harness, teg throttle cable, blah blah blah, lots more done. Yes, I know I have an issue with the upper rad hose, I'm working on that.

Glad I went with the red valve cover, looks spiffy.

Attachments

• TACH.jpg
    TACH.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,743
  • VC1.jpg
    VC1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 970
  • CAR1.jpg
    CAR1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 903
  • MOTORSIDE.jpg
    MOTORSIDE.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 982
  • MOTORTOP.jpg
    MOTORTOP.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 2,039
Last edited:
Freaking awesome. Looks like its coming together very nicely!

Alright! I'm doing a wrinkle red valve cover!

You need Jay Dee Emm amber corners, or clears might look better. Just something to fix that broken one, not to rain on yout B18 parade or anything. Its sick!!

Thought about ambers. Certainly not clear. Most likely going to get stock replacements. The current lense is only missing a little piece, and is still legal, so its on the back burner for now. I need an alignment, and my exhaust!

Ordered up a carsound magnaflow cat and a dynomax super turbo muffler. Going to have the piping done at a muffler shop. I have a friend who works there who does incredible work. Has been doing exhaust for almost 30 years now. He is as picky as I am about how things go together so I trust him. Also does my alignments. You've never seen a guy so hard core as when he is doing my alignments.. He even puts weights in the driver's seat, then dials it in.

I'll have to post up reviews of the dynomax super turbo.. I read up on tons of mufflers, and this one supposedly out flows just about everything, and kills all the other performance mufflers for sound.. Supposed to be quiet and mellow. We shall see. The only other real crx options I had that are known good, quiet mufflers were $400+++.

Anyhow, all that crap is in the mail.. Back to the friggin waiting game.

Last edited:
I'm fabbing up an aluminum dash panel. Just went and purchased the aluminum stock, switches, LEDs, fuse block, bus, etc today. It'll most likely mount in the center of the "dash" area and house 6 gauges. Should be a fun fab project. Still on the fence about the speedo. I suppose it would be handy for street driving, lol Still not certain about the dash bit, going to go stare at it a while and see what comes to mind.

Some thing about red and championship white.... just beautiful.

I wish the SiR's came with red emblems. I'd consider championship white, but since they don't, I don't wanna look like a doosher.

Last edited:
You know the one I always thought was cool and wanted to check the fitting was the luv truck.

There is nothing in texas law stating that you must have a speedo or odo. Not to my knowlege anyway. The car is "exempt" mileage wise because of the age, so the odo doesn't matter.

For a 91 it is very very basic. No emissions check. You have to have a cat, muffler, blinkers, headlights, brake lights, license plate light, horn, and safety belts. Thats about it. Well, other than no illegal modifications, like being slammed to the ground or 5% window tint, that kinda thing.

And my inspection guy has a serious hard on for CRXs.. Rural texas has one good thing going for it.. All the inspection guys just don't give a crap. Except for major chains (wal-mart, firestone, etc..) They will fail you for being 5 psi low in one tire. And then charge you for it.

My transmission is missing the speedo/PS assembly.. And I haven't been able to track one down as of yet.. If it had that, I would go ahead and grab an autometer speedo and toss it in there. But as of right now, I need the assembly as well as the gauge. More trouble than its worth, as it would be easy to figure out what RPMs are what speeds and just cruise by the tach.

Shift light is programmable, so I could easily set it to come on at 72mph in 5th or something. Then re-set it for track days. I dunno.. Thats another back burner thing, I can do without it.

That's true. I rarely look at the speedo except when I'm on base anyway. I only use the speedo on the bike as a "you're going too fast" meter.

dont know if im late but..
for the upper rad. hose cut about 2-3 inches off the end the goes on the waterneck on the head

Update.. Spent half the day fabbing up a panel that wouldn't work. It was beautiful. But I couldn't see half the gauges from the driver seat. FAIL.

Started over. Spent the rest of the day fabbing up the first half of a two panel system.

One panel that will mount behind the tach and house water temp and oil pressure gauges and all warning lights. Panel fabbed up, now I'm converting the factory wiring harness to the panel, it will be plug and play. Err, well, if someone else were to buy it it would be, lol.

Secondary panel (doesn't exist yet) will house the aux fuse block, pwr and ground busses, aux switches, battery and fuel gauges.

Spending the rest of the night soldering and looming the new dash harness. weee.

Also took it to the shop and had the exhaust installed. 2.25" Magnaflow Carsound Cat and a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler.

The Dynomax Super Turbo. No joke. A $50 (or less if you shop around) muffler that is very nice and quiet. No rasp whatsoever, low tone, and doesn't get stupid loud at the upper RPMs. I am friggin giggle happy with it. Will try to get a sound clip up sooner or later.

Last edited:
Oh forgot... have a Corbeau seat bracket for an 89 CRX Si somewhere around the garage too. I think it'll bolt right in to yours- it mounts pretty much any flat bottom aftermarket seat.

Back