Yet Another Job Offer... Indiana

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

No. I'm just saying that the cost of moving a family and all your stuff is pretty expensive.

I have never lived there. My comments are in jest also. Although, it is very flat.

I did live in Ohio for three years. Ironically if you are from Ohio you think Indiana is the armpit of the world and if you are from Indiana, you think Ohio is the armpit of the world.

I did live in Ohio for three years. Ironically if you are from Ohio you think Indiana is the armpit of the world and if you are from Indiana, you think Ohio is the armpit of the world.

Or if you are from anywhere but Ohio you will think its the armpit.

I like Ohio. I thought Columbus was a great city to drive through. Cedar Point in Cleveland, Kings Island in Cincinnati.

I just hate the buckeyes that come over here and drive like tools... I don't hate the state.

Or if you are from anywhere but Ohio you will think its the armpit.

It was culture shock but we lived like kings on a student budget for three years.

I like Ohio. I thought Columbus was a great city to drive through. Cedar Point in Cleveland, Kings Island in Cincinnati.

I just hate the buckeyes that come over here and drive like tools... I don't hate the state.

I would like to buy 1000 acres and throw a house on it for a retirement pad in OH/IN. It's so green and it rains, two things we lack in Southern CA. The winters would suck though.

houses are dirt, yes, but you're lucky to make $10 an hour at any good job there too...

houses are dirt, yes, but you're lucky to make $10 an hour at any good job there too...
Are you saying employers in that area pay crap?

They offered me $15 an hour to start and $15 an hour for online training I complete at home. Plus, they are paying the monthly payments on my student loans. I think that's a damn good...

According to zipskinny.com, the average household yearly income is $68,235. I think the employers in that area pay out a lot more than you think lol.

Meh. My sister in law came up here after the army, no college, no training. Landed a job in the mortgage company making 50k a year as a manager.

My friends, after a month training course, are making 30k a year at Lincoln Financial. No college, no prior experience.

It just depends on the job you go hunting for. The only places that are min. wage or 10 bucks are jobs that ANYONE could get.

Besides, 10 bucks an hour here and you can live like a king fairly easily. I'd rather make 30k a year with a cost of living like it is here than make 70k a year with a NYC cost of living. Whats the cheapest 1 bed one bath apartment around NYC or the NE? 2000 a month?

Now, please stop talking trash about here unless you have or do live here, pasty one. :p

You are right. There is definitely a disparity between income and cost of living in places like IN and CA/NY. What I mean is that, although incomes may be on average higher in place like NYC or SoCA, they do not come close to making up for how much MORE expensive it is to live.

So maybe a specific job in IN pays $35k and that same job in CA pays $45k. Except, you can rent a nice apt. in IN for $400, the same apt. you'd pay $1700 for in CA. $1300 x 12 = $15,600.

Flew out to Evansville Tuesday...

It's more developed and modern than I anticipated. Now, I wasn't expecting some straight hick town but I didn't think the area would look so modern.

I went out and had a couple drinks Tuesday night. The people are nice but they don't pick up on sarcastic humor right away lol. They almost take everything a little too literal.

Evansville is close to damn near everything. they have a lot of things in the local area. They are a Ccuple hours from Indianapolis, Louisville, KY, and St. Louis. And about 4-5 hours from Chicago.

I'm supposed to hear from them tomorrow, no later than Monday.

lol Indiana towns tend to spend their money on things that are actually worthwhile. Fort Wayne has actually been spending a lot of time redoing sidewalks and roads this summer. Not only is it safer now, but looks a lot nicer as well. I'm sure Evansville is the same way.

Well, I didn't get the job... Yet. They said they were 99% sure they are going to hire me but they can't tell me 100% yes until they have the meeting with the owner. Still kinda sucks since that still doesn't mean I have a job. They are going to give me a call on October 4th and let me know for sure what's going to happen.

Back