You have got to be fucking kidding me..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be it Race, Nationality, Gender, Income, or Sexual preference:

"There is nothing more ignorant, nothing which holds back the tenets of acceptance and tolerance with greater force than being prideful of the condition in which you were born" -me

it looks like a religious function, but sells itself as a racial pride function

They have "White Expos" too, they are called Klan rallies and do not have commercial sponsors.

i have never seen anything like this before obama became president.
at least nothing like this with public acceptance.

I doubt this will have the "feel" of a Klan rally, but events like these are self segregating in nature and counterproductive to the melting pot

word.. blacks used to HATE being segregated(or so ive heard).
now they purposely do it?

What do you think black history month is about? The celebration of a race and a culture. This rally is no different.

Throw some racial undertones to it and you have an ignorant perspective of it. ie: yours.

it's like Obama's aide said last week, when it comes to desegregation America is a bunch of cowards. Allot of conservatives claimed offense at this, frankly I don't know why. Go look in any cafeteria in America, be it in a school, a prison, or even a military base. You will know instantly why we still have racial tension in America

i am far from ignorant when it comes to race.
but im fucking fed up with this shit..
whites would NEVER be able to do something like this.

This "gathering" isn't a segregation. It doesn't say that someone of a different race can't go in there. Most will not go because of the title of it, but in no way, shape, or form is that segregation.

When us "whites" have a Country Club gathering, or a "Name-your-event Ball", do we exclude the blacks? No, but the chances of seeing them there aren't quite as high...

This "gathering" isn't a segregation. It doesn't say that someone of a different race can't go in there. Most will not go because of the title of it, but in no way, shape, or form is that segregation.

When us "whites" have a Country Club gathering, or a "Name-your-event Ball", do we exclude the blacks? No, but the chances of seeing them there aren't quite as high...

two totally different scenarios.
and in the commercial, im pretty sure it said "blacks get in free".

country clubs have as much to do with race as shoe size.
its the preference of the people with money.. some would like to be the member of a high class function, others would like to ride dirty on 26 inch spinnin rims.

i am far from ignorant when it comes to race.
but im fucking fed up with this shit..
whites would NEVER be able to do something like this.

You're applying racial undertones to it, its ignorant. Who cares if whites could get away with something like this or not? Whites did OWN blacks in the 1800s, as in slaves. Remember the Civil War stories? Whites treated blacks like garbage back then, and even up very poorly up until they got the right to vote, etc. Give it a rest. Let the people have their functions, tv channels and history months without it being reverse-racist for a change.

So all the white, thug-luvin, wannabe ganstas out there are equally invited to this event, because they believe in/defend/embrace the "black" culture?

If I went to that convention, it wouldn't be because I wanted to be black. It would be because I understood/learned/associated with the perils the black community faced over the years, the opportunities they have been offered, and the possibilities they posses. Whether it happened to be that kind of convention or not, it wouldn't matter. It's still the same principle.

picture this.
a black man at a country club, playing the role of a high class citizen.
speaking articulately, dressed nicely, all that..
now, if i were to go to this "convention", dressed in a suit and speaking articulately, everyone would look at me like "wtf?".
if i were to go dressed in baggy clothing, speaking slang and break dancing, i would still get the same look.
the black man at the country club however would gain acceptance.

but 2000si, you raise a good point.
i would let them have their channels and such if they would stop going around saying "fuck the white man" calling us crackers and honkeys and "moon crickets".

God damn italians and germans, and polocks with their clubs and such... never letting me in... we should put a stop to this. This has got to end, we need a nation where a russian man has just as much right to go to a french american club as a french american.
Point being, I'd go to that rally if there was some badass motown group there, or gary fuckin coleman. I don't give a shit that it's black. I've been to weddings where the only white thing in there was me, my dad and the light bulbs. and that includes the brides dress. Shit, my old man gets along better with the black people from his home town than the whites. Some interests cross over, but since it's a black rally, I don't think white people are gonna be as interested to go there. Its not saying whites arent allowed, they're saying it sparks black interest. Why isn't there a black man in the local italian club? because the only thing they have in common is they both love spaghetti. (Show me a black man that doesn't like spaghetti and im sending you a 1 dollar mo.) they don't share any other cultural aspects or back ground.

picture this.
a black man at a country club, playing the role of a high class citizen.
speaking articulately, dressed nicely, all that..
now, if i were to go to this "convention", dressed in a suit and speaking articulately, everyone would look at me like "wtf?".
if i were to go dressed in baggy clothing, speaking slang and break dancing, i would still get the same look.
the black man at the country club however would gain acceptance.

but 2000si, you raise a good point.
i would let them have their channels and such if they would stop going around saying "fuck the white man" calling us crackers and honkeys and "moon crickets".
Cracka jack honkey ass moon cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back