ZC DOHC HEAD ON Z6 BLOCK?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88rex

OK I HAVE A ZC BOTTOM END THAT IS BURNING OIL BAD BUT HAVE A MINT Z6 BOTTOM END WILL THE ZC DOHC HEAD BOLT ON THE Z6 BLOCK AND WORK?

It can be done. Is it worth it on that setup no. But it only requires two holes to be opend up slightly, one alignment pin and one of the head stud holes has to be opend up. Any machiene shop can do this for about 30 bucks or even you could with a drill press if your careful. You will have to add a oil jet.

The reason its worthless is because of the large combustion chamber of the zc, your compression will drop to about 7.7 to 1. Thats a little low even for boost. Now if you put pm7 pistons in there from your zc yull be lookin at about 10.5 to one with the zc head

Sean

i dont know too much about the D series, but I don't think thats a correct procedure...I could be completely wrong.

yeah, but the reverse is true also. z6 head on zc block = 12.0 to 1 compression with the z6 head gasket. a little more worth the effort imo

you also have to add a timingbelt tensioner and run b series belt with dseries cam gears i seen it done and the car is slow.

Back