1-colour civic build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RoughKnight

Christmas Car
Finally got myself a decent car, starting the build on it. 92 hatch si with 185,000 KM on it. Pretty decent shape. Rear quarters are gone and tint job is horrible, few small things here an there but over all amazing buy.

The guy wanted $2000 for the car, ended up trading him $700 plus a motorcycle cover/tarp thing. Haha.

After adding the fat 5 rims on it, I got a few more goodies on the way.

Attachments

• image-4251358536.jpg
    image-4251358536.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 316
  • image-4189812680.jpg
    image-4189812680.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 303
  • image-2314202378.jpg
    image-2314202378.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 281
  • image-4044859861.jpg
    image-4044859861.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 271
Parts list: New calipers all around, new brakes to hold me over till next year, new plugs, wires, rotor and cap, cat, and ya lol.

Waiting to be installed: Garrett t04, fmic, all charge piping, eBay blow off valve, high flow cat, energy suspension kit (blue), and my stereo :( fuck having no rear speakers.

Still to buy/purchasing as we speak: Eagle rods, Cometic head gasket, ARP headstuds, block guard, a fucking wastegate (didn't come with the boost kit), springs and coils 7-9kg fronts and 3kg rears, bigger sway bars, and fix those quarters.

I'll take more pics of said kit later tonight, but as a teaser, my super happy pic of when I bought it :D

Attachments

• image-2979640129.jpg
    image-2979640129.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 295
Merci, got a few questions though. Am I supposed to hone the block before tapping in the block guard/pistons? I should say I'm aiming for 200hp before installing the internals, about 350 after

Sent from my iPhone using awesomeness

I'd suggest NOT using a block guard at all. 90's technology that basically does more harm than good.

proper injectors and a good tune are far more important

For now, can I not run stock injectors with a walbro 255 and be good for my stock turbo tune?

you can use the stock injectors with the 255. stock injectors are pretty solid. he is just saying that if you had to pick between them and the block guard, go injectors. it's a better investment.

Haha I was waiting for that... I ended up being let off the original charge of careless driving because the cop was deemed out of jurisdiction of power for the way the officer on the scene handled the situation, but they wanted to survey the car so I tried to settle out of court. Ended up with $250 ticket 3 points for unsafe pass on the right, even though I never made it past haha. New plates new car, no worries. I've been pulled over since, sometimes actually doing something wrong, and they always drive off. I asked a cop to run my plates (a friend) and apparently I've been green flagged, guess I did something right.

So rewind, don't bother with the block guard? I'm about to make a buy, eagle h rods, arp headstuds, Cometic head gasket and a block guard, all brand new in box, for $500. Or without the guard for $450. Worth it? I mean I can always get injectors later right?

cleaner 100k+ eg Sis go for 2-3 in Columbus. My friend got a super clean red 94 for 1200 a couple years ago. The deals are there if you're willing to wade through the crap.

4 grand? Are u out of your mind? Maybe I should start an export business... Lol

So rewind, don't bother with the block guard? I'm about to make a buy, eagle h rods, arp headstuds, Cometic head gasket and a block guard, all brand new in box, for $500. Or without the guard for $450. Worth it? I mean I can always get injectors later right?

skip the block guard and spend the $50 on dsm 450's.

dsm injectors | eBay

Or get both? I'm gonna slap the turbo on now, then next year do the motor, I'll get the injectors over the winter

you require larger injectors
you don't need a block guard at all.

stock injectors + ANY turbo = boom. they are basically maxed out from the factory.

so if you ask a question three times, and get the same answer all three times, do you think you should listen?

lets try this again....DON'T BUY THE FUCKING BLOCK GUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

95b16coupe said:
if you had to pick between them and the block guard, go injectors. it's a better investment.

You implied a choice, and relax, you don't have to prove anything on the Internet.

Anyways, got lazy and forgot to get pics of the kit. Should be in tonight, go from there.

Back