1996 Integra Build (B18B1)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

@dilbeckskate That's my box, It's been passed down from my dad to my brother to me. I love it, Gotta replace a piston to the top but other than that it works just fine.

Picked up a 98 Integra GS for 150$ for parts. Has PS/AC, bone stock besides a CAI. Bad paint and like 6/10 on the body. Only downside is its an auto. Unfortunately the front bumper is the old two-piece and I need the newer style so I still need a bumper cover. It should still save me 800-900 on parts and then hopefully I can part out or scrap the rest. I already got the bumper bar repainted and transferred, alone with the shock absorber and the plastic inserts. Also got bumper brackets. Anyways suspension and motor are fully assembled and good to go.

Got the old bumper back on it seeing as my new one won't be here till monday-tuesday next week. She's all street legal though, next up is hopefully getting her insured and registered tomorrow.

So questions: I hit a bump in the parking lot and my clock stopped working, thoughts?
My dash doesn't light up, thoughts?

I transferred the black steering wheel and E brake handle from the donor vehicle, along with some other misc trim and clips and wiring I was missing.

Hit the bump again and see if the clock and lights start working again, lol.

So this way if I hit a bump at a high enough rate of speed not only will I total the vehicle, but I'll also fix my clock forever!

plausible.jpg

It was a fuse. I'm dumb. Also installed a new radio :D waiting on insurance papers then I can register it and be good to go.

Other issue I'm having is the instrument panel lights, they're all out besides the warning lights and i'm not sure why. Surely all the bulbs couldnt have blown at once but I already tried a new fuse and got nothing, any thoughts?

I would check the wiring behind the cluster.

Snapchat-432046700931568783.jpg
IMG_20160121_151146.jpg
So. How do I put this lightly.

I'M FINALLY DRIVING IT AND IT'S AMAZING
Granted it has plenty of kinks to be worked out. But the fact I'm making noise around Palm Harbor in a car that I built makes me extremely happy, and I swear she runs a little better every time I drive her. So far I've got about 70 miles on it in 2 days, just running around doing errands and stuff outside of work. And it's fun because you get stares from car people and non car people. I was on my way home at night and I paced a guy in a GTI for a little bit, and we both dropped a gear and just pulled briefly and it was fun. Obviously a GTI is gonna be faster than a N/A LS Teggy, but it was fun nonetheless. And holy crap is it low I sit way under everyone else lol.

I still gotta redo the rear suspension (rotors, calipers, pads, brake lines, bushings, paint) and it's making a couple weird noises I don't care for but it's functional and that's all I care about.

Thanks to everyone for their support so far, as we enter the next chapter of the SLOW DC4 (incoming custom license plate).

P.S. A venti Starbucks drink fits perfecting in the cupholder

Back