2000 black civic si. 100% stock. 22,000 ORIGINAL MILES.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the previous owner of a 1997 EK hatch with 12,000 miles on it, here is how I will weigh in (Even though I'm a little late apparently)

But just for reference:

Mine was painted the same shade of orange that Lamborghini uses on their diablo. It had a buddy club lower and Mugen lips / spoiler. the interior had to be restored by me (the steering wheel was moldy and the plastic dash pieces were painted). The car was originally purchased, brought up from Texas and then hit on the front. Instead of opting for repair, he gave us his (it wasn't "us" at the time, this is back in like 98) body kit parts and took the insurance money for paint instead. It was autotragic.

And it started right up and ran like a charm after sitting in a barn for 9 years.

Now, our bad news: On a good day from someone who KNEW that they were getting a mint body with an autotragic, we got $7000. I did a swap on an EK that sold with 400,000 miles on it for $7000. And a bullet hole.

So a honda that's been sitting that long will likely start and run pretty well. The resale value on Civics tanks the same, because they are one of the most common cars ever produced.

(Oh, and it sat with us because he apparently went to jail and never paid for it)

lol, everyones just bitching cause they don't have the money to buy the car in hopes that if this guy lowered the price, they would have a chance.

1. Just because YOU think it may be the best civic ever produced, does not make you a superior economist who can creates prices on cars.

2. KBB valued this car around 8500(poor) to 10275(excellent) which is what you will probably get on ebay also. Your car is already still overpriced and over-valued.

3. I'm not at all interested at this car but it baffles me how you will talk down to everybody saying we are not honda fans, when you are the one ripping every honda enthusiast off. Your just demonstrating how much you all of us are retarded. You really don't care about anybody in this forum, all you care about is yourself

I need to see more of your posts around here. Welcome aboard !

Clearly you don't know how to use KBB. That 11900 clearly states retail value. A private seller such as yourself would only be able to expect private party value.

I also like how you are taking advantage of your "buddy", who is a veteran, by buying a car from him for 1/2 of it's value. I can't imagine you have many friends if that is how you treat them.

Clearly you don't know how to use KBB. That 11900 clearly states retail value. A private seller such as yourself would only be able to expect private party value.

I also like how you are taking advantage of your "buddy", who is a veteran, by buying a car from him for 1/2 of it's value. I can't imagine you have many friends if that is how you treat them.

im a LICENSED pa dealer kid lol.

heres the ebay link

eBay Motors: Honda : Civic (item 180245555071 end time May-31-08 21:04:44 PDT)

I paid $5200 for my car and I STILL overpaid. And mine is a 98. regardless of the miles. Not to mention it had work done before I bought it. I am not knocking you or hating at all man. Let me make that clear. I love hondas they are some of the most reliable cars on this planet. And Again a 2000 civic with 23,000 miles will probably run for the next 10-20 years without ever needing a new motor. But the dead honest truth is the car is just plain not worth $11,000. There are some new cars coming out that cost $15,000-$17,000. Not to mention like everyone else mentioned its not like this is a collecters item. Honda fans love Honda but they aren't retarded. Besides like you just said you paid $4000 and then told us about it. Why would someone pay 3 times what you paid?

haha, your listing was removed?

yea lol,. screw it, i decided to keep the si lol. im a ebay power seller and ebay removed the listing cause someone reported me for selling the car with 22k miles, and they said theres no way the car has 22 k miles, blah blah........i have the carfax report. so i dont care.

You're never going to sell it for $12k anyways. You should just sell it for $8k and double your money, because it will sell for $8k, at least it would in my area.

$8000 is a way reasonable price and would probably get picked up pretty quick.

good luck on the sale, there's still something fishy about the whole story though

Nice, you edited it after you read through the whole thing :lmao:

--------------------------------Original Post----------------------------------------
so.. you paid your buddy 12 grand for a car that wasn't worth it and now you want the money back? have fun driving it into the ground, cause that's probably what'll end up happening. good luck at any rate
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

haha, I didn't even think about that. That's probably exactly what happened.

Ricer kid has shady friend

Ricer boy says "oooh, that car is hott, I want it"

Shady friend says "You're in luck little buddy, I'm getting shipped out soon and selling this car"

Ricer boy get's super excited and says hell give his ass for the car

Shady friend says "No, I don't want your butt but I'll take 12k"

Ricer boy almost busts a nut because these cars are the bestest of the bestest and they were $20k new, with only 20k miles on it, it's gotta be worth more than $12k. Ricer boy thinks to himself "I bet I can flip this thing for a couple thou, JJJYEAH BOOOOIIII"

Ricer boy hands over 12k cash, drives the car for about 1k miles and decides it's time for it to go, tried to sell it last year for 12k to no avail.

Ricer boy puts the car in storage thinking it'll gain value like it's a '69 GTO

Ricer boy finds HS and thinks "OH SNAP, Honda enthusiasts, they'll pay extra for my badass 00 Si with only 22k miles on it"

The End

Nice, you edited it after you read through the whole thing :lmao:

--------------------------------Original Post----------------------------------------
so.. you paid your buddy 12 grand for a car that wasn't worth it and now you want the money back? have fun driving it into the ground, cause that's probably what'll end up happening. good luck at any rate
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
haha, oops, owned. ^_^

ll
haha, I didn't even think about that. That's probably exactly what happened.

Ricer kid has shady friend

Ricer boy says "oooh, that car is hott, I want it"

Shady friend says "You're in luck little buddy, I'm getting shipped out soon and selling this car"

Ricer boy get's super excited and says hell give his ass for the car

Shady friend says "No, I don't want your butt but I'll take 12k"

Ricer boy almost busts a nut because these cars are the bestest of the bestest and they were $20k new, with only 20k miles on it, it's gotta be worth more than $12k. Ricer boy thinks to himself "I bet I can flip this thing for a couple thou, JJJYEAH BOOOOIIII"

Ricer boy hands over 12k cash, drives the car for about 1k miles and decides it's time for it to go, tried to sell it last year for 12k to no avail.

Ricer boy puts the car in storage thinking it'll gain value like it's a '69 GTO

Ricer boy finds HS and thinks "OH SNAP, Honda enthusiasts, they'll pay extra for my badass 00 Si with only 22k miles on it"

The End

:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back