$2004 challenge!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Jul 9 2003, 06:06 PM
i looked for a cheap geo my self yesterday and could not find one

i had almost given up, when ji came across this bad boy...........

Yeah, I was just driving along, and I figured I'd check this one place out. I didn't even expect them to have anything, but whaddayaknow!

Turbo manifold fabrication starts this weekend. Don't expect a Full Race manifold, because we're both cheap bastards, and I don't want to put too much work into it if something doesn't go as planned...

What I meant was, I could reasonably duplicate a Full Race manifold, but I'm not going to simply because I'm too lazy. Yep, log it is.

theres a 13 sec. awd boosted geo metro in the new super street. full interior too if i remember right.

I'm back, bitches! :)

So here's the deal... I'll pick up from the last post. I'm back in VT like you all know, so it's on, but OMG, is it on! First, I'll talk about the purpose.

Fuck the $2004 challenge. I'm doing the "Teabag B's car Challenge."

Second, let's talk about the car.

Ted sold me the car for $100. I saw it this past Monday, and it's pretty much the same as what you see in the pics on page 4, but the front bumper is back on and most of the interior is back in. However, it has no air bags and needs a windshield and some plastic bits on the front to be legal., and... it's OBDII. This will cost me about $600 to do. Totally not worth it. So, I found a maroon '91 hatch with an oil burning engine and an automatic transmission. No rust, no airbags to deal with, no OBDII crap, and good glass all around. The guy was asking $200, but I was worried about the smoke and it only running on two cylinders out of the three, so I played dumb and offered him $80 for the car. He took it. The only down side is that the car has no title, so I'm waiting for him to get one from the DMV before I pay him. Now, the reason I bought Ted's car is because it's a 4 cylinder and a 5 speed. To swap a 4 cyl engine into a 3 cyl car, you need the axles and mounts from the 4 cyl setup. What's cool about the 4 cyl setups is that they have equal length axles. Like an Integra. :) So I was going to use the 8V SOHC 4 cyl from Ted's car, but it's an 8V that breathes like shit, and has throttle body injection with a TB about the size of a half dollar. It'll make 140 HP, but that's it. Howver, the '98+ 4 cyl engines (G13B) are 16V SOHC and have MPFI. I found a '99 4 cyl, complete with all the sensors, coil packs, and manifolds for $207.50 on Ebay, and picked it up this past Sunday in Rochester, NY.

Turbo set up...

I also have a TDO4L turbo from a WRX with about 2300 miles on it, and a DSM BOV and SMIC. I also have a line on an FMU and inline pump for $100, but the guy's being a flake (as usual), and I may just put that money towards an SDS EIC system. I'll be fabbing up a sidewinder manifold and using a 3" turbo back exhaust. Yes, 3". On a 1298cc engine. You can see where this is going, perhaps? Initial goals are 200 WHP.

This is where it gets good...

The G13B has a 74mm bore and a 75.5mm stroke. Not bad, huh? Well, they can be bored out to 75mm and 75mm G16B Vitara pistons will fit right on the stock forged rods. Yes, stock forged rods. :D The Vitara pistons will drop the comp from 9.8:1 down to 8.8:1 and will offer thicker ring lands, and are proven to handle 300 HP. Not bad, huh? Well, it gets better... The engine has the same bore spacing and main bearing diameter as a D16, so a D16 crank would fit with a little machining to the block skirt. Throw in some Eagle rods and pistons, and we've got a bottom end good for ~400 WHP. Hey, I'm not done yet! The intake ports appear to be the exact same size as D16Z6 ports, and since we have the same bore spacing, a D16Y8 manifold will bolt up with a little drilling to the flange for the different stud pattern. Now we've got a head that'll flow ~400 WHP worth of air.

Now I know what you're saying... why not just buy a Civic. Well, everyone and their retarded mom has one and off the bat, the Civic has a 500- 800 lb. disadvantage over the Metro. On top of that, Civics are kinda expected to be fast anyway. Also, a gutted Metro hatch can be as light as 1350 lbs.

1350 lbs / 450 crank HP = 3.4 lbs. per HP.

Brian's car, let's say it makes 450 HP will be around 5.5 lbs. per HP.

Brian, my Metro eat you. :)

Crazy.......Awesome. :D

You did your homework. Sounds great.

Goddamn, you fucking madman. And with all the honda parts you're gonna be using, you can really sport the huge Hondaswap.com windshield banner. :)

Originally posted by ktanaka@May 27 2004, 04:25 AM
I want to hear more about this project. I will be VERY impressed if it ever gets done.

Why do you phrase it that way? Don't confuse Ji with B.... lol. BTW.... are you a betting man? ;)

hey, my car runs now :D so what if it took 9 months. so do kids.

and besides... the sol will always have more pimp factor than a metro :)

Back