$2004 challenge!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Jul 8 2003, 06:34 PM
i dont know if you pulled the wiper motor yet....... just a thought

hahah... among other things that should have been left in to keep it street legal! Let me just say that the extent of gutting has gone to the point of removing EVERYTHING that's not absolutly nessicary for the car to run. The lights are still in, and the EGR has to stay in because it's an OBDII car, but other than that, name a part that doesn't *HAVE* to be there to make the car roll down the road without throwing CELs or pissing people off, and we've probably removed it.

Originally posted by micah@Jul 8 2003, 06:49 PM
hondaswap + geo owns joo :wall: :ph34r:

Geo ownz jo0 is right! It's already taken out a 2nd gen LS Integra with bolt ons, and all we've done is remove weight!

Next time, it could be you! :ph34r:

youll need to do more then reduce weight to take me in a geo.

good luck though, ive had secret fantasies of making a sleeper geo before.
i would prolly gut a honda odyssey minivan and slap a h22 in it before i built up a geo though :ph34r:

i bought my rex for under a grand. i could gut it and put my b16 out of my sol in it and for less then 2004 have a pretty fast rex. too bad im way too lazy to do that for one day :p

i might try to go to this competition and watch though. g-ville isnt too far from here

im not doubting its fast or hating on ya bro, just stating a simple fact. it would take more then gutting a geo to beat me with one :p

and i know a stock geo doesnt come with 160 hp :p

Originally posted by micah@Jul 8 2003, 07:18 PM
im not doubting its fast or hating on ya bro, just stating a simple fact. it would take more then gutting a geo to beat me with one :p

and i know a stock geo doesnt come with 160 hp :p

I know. We're doing more than just gutting it. And, no, the stock motor isn't making 160 HP, but ours will. On the stock motor.

makes me wish i could have one to beat on

there was a guy in my town that at one time had a geo metro hb that he had molded a civic hb body kit on. he shaved it and slapped some rims on it and to 90% of the general public it was a civic.
no motor work so it was slow as fook though

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jul 8 2003, 09:01 PM
what about the under skin supports of the hood, doors, and trunk.

Front doors are staying intact 'till the cage gets welded in; once that happens, the side impact beams and inner door skins are goign to be removed. Rear doors are going to be just exterior skins supporting the rolled up rear windows, and will be welded to the body. Same with the trunk lid- just the skin welded to the body. The hood is about as light as a CF 3G Integra hood, but we're still going to gut the supports out and just leave the surround in place so it'll latch.

To give you an idea of how anal we are about weight reduction, we're opening up wiring harnesses to remove the speaker, stereo, and heater control wires, grinding off mounting points for the rear seats, spare tire, ect... cutting holes in the bumper supports (they have to stay in to hold the bumper covers up), and EVERY bolt that isn't nessicary is being removed. I'm tempted to acid dip the car, but I fear that'd weaken the frame too much, and I don't feel like repainting the car.

use a glass bead blasting to remove all paint and under coating1
Run the car bare metal!
What about cutting out the spare tire well

Back