2nd gen ZC parts & problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lopsided_Idol

Heya, anyone know what kind of distributor cap and rotor to get for a 2nd gen DOHC zc? Also, can the dizzy from an 88 teg fit onto it? I'm getting absolutely no spark out of the thing and i'm trying to eliminate the obvious...

The starter cranks the engine just fine, but its just not going anywhere after that. What is the best way to tell if i'm getting spark through to the plugs? And do you normally hear the fuel pump buzzing when the key is in the "II" run position? Its in an 88 CRX si with a PG6 integra ecu.

I bought a new cap and rotor for 91 crx si and works fine. I had to make a notch in one small spot to make it fit but that was it. You could use a test light to check for spark, pull a plug and set it on the valve cover to see if it sparks when you crank it.

Found the problem today.. ground #101 wasn't attached to anything.
:doh:

As soon as that was connected it started right up. Thanks anyway man, the car's fine i'm just an idiot!

However... after it ran for about 5 minutes smoke started coming out from the front of the engine. I couldn't pin down the exact location it was coming from, but it seemed like the headers. Also the engine was really hot even though it was only running for 5 min..
It has coolant and everything, i bled the system... could it be that i haven't shaved the stock Si headers to match the ZC's ports exactly and exhaust is forcing itself out thru the exhaust manifold gasket?

Back