647whp Daily Driven

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hicker Dickery Dock - Holy shit some crazy ass horsepower was made in So. Cal.
:worthy: 647whp and 450ft-lbs torque Daily Driver :huh: - No Kidding

Car
- 1999 Civic SI
- no mods to interior

Wheels/Tires
Tenzo 17" w Polk 10's

Cylinder Head
JG Pro-Series B16A head (high velocity high flow portwork)
Stock sized Intake valves w/ 30 degree back cut
Stock sized Exhuast valves
Radius Intake valve seats
3 angle Exhuast valve seats
JG-Edelbrock Intake Manifold
Stock Throttle Body

Camshafts
Integra TypeR ~ 276 duration on intake and 278 on exhuast
B16 Lost Motion Assemblys

Bottom End
JG Sleeved Block B18A, 81mm bore (honed by Javier himself) and assembled by :worthy: TEAMGENDAI :worthy: of :worthy: TrackMasters
LS 89mm crank
JE Shelf Pistons and rings 9.0 compression
Eagle Rods
ACL Engine Bearings

Turbo
Turbonetics TSO6 compressor with T4 turbine
:worthy: Revhard Equal Length Stainless Steel Manifold
RevHard Down pipe no exhuast
RevHard 30"x8" Bar Plate RevHard Intercooler
RevHard 2.25" Charge Piping

Tranny/Clutch/Axels
Stock B16 w/ Quaife (installed by me )
Action Pro Turbo Iron Disc Clutch
Stock axels

Oil
Valvoline VR1 Racing 20w50
Oil Filter - :worthy: :lol: PepBoys Proline $1.99

Ignition
Stock with MSD6AL
NGK 9's

Fuel Managment
Hondata S200B
MSD Inline Fuel Pump
96lb/hr Optimized Spray Pattern Injectors (smooth idle)

Fuel
VP C16

Other
No AC
No Power Steering

Tuning
9 passes were made on :worthy: TrackMaster's Dyno Jet to get the above quoted power figures.

End Note
This is actually some dudes car (his only car) which he drives around and pulls up to his hous and parks.

Traction, needless to say is useless, even at the track with 26"x8 slicks. Spins them in 4th gear.i saw this car last night and boy is it a site i belive its a :worthy: hondata record
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=441993#4849000
:huh:

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 10 2003, 06:59 PM
haha "no exaust" != daily driven.

and someone should tell him to get a bigger throttle body, lol.

please tell me your joking :ph34r:

nope... not joking.... no exaust isn't exactly prime "daily driving".

And why would you go through the restriction of having a stock throttle body on a 647 hp car? its illogical. He would get more power easier with a better flowing one.

Bad Ass set up but seems kind of like bs. I mean no offense but I dont' trust it that much, but that isn't that much work done at all seemingly for a 647 hp motor, specially with stock axles and shit. Sounds to me kind of like :bs: but that probably is just meh. I would guess around low 400's in hp figure, but not anywhere near 647hp. Just my opinion, no need to argue over it.

EDIT:This is Slammed89Integra

Its possible... I believe it
The only reason I believe it is because of the different crank...
Anyone ever heard of a 383 stroker? Its a 350 with a different crank, I think a 400 crank, but dont know forsure. I once heard of a Dodge Viper doing a 3.9 1/4 mile with a 383 stroker in it, and a hollow body that was specially made. The point is that a crank does a lot... maybe enough.

Anyone know a good place to learn about HP and TQ gains from a crank? Up until now I was thinking of keeping my stock crank in... now that I seen this, and learned about a 383 stroker.... Im almost sure a new crank will be one of my first mods!

stroke wouldnt always increase hp, its more towards lower end torque.

I belive its possible, but the engine wont last as long and he's running lots of boost.

BTW you know why domestics cant rev as high as small engines? because their cranks are TOO big. you want hp, aim for making torque later in the rpm band and all that. for torque(low-end), increase stroke/displacement but sacrifice rpm.

Originally posted by 94Civintegra@Apr 10 2003, 08:29 PM
now that I seen this, and learned about a 383 stroker.... Im almost sure a new crank will be one of my first mods!

Uhhh... One of your FIRST mods? first off a new billet crank is like $2500. Second those 383cranks and swapping themare for domestics, stroking a honda motor is kinda pointless(good bottom end but hurts up top), it kills R/S ratio and makes higher revving harder on the engine. A new crank should be the one of the LAST mods and thats if you have a turbo or a monstrous Nitrous setup

i don't know, its hard to believe on stock axles with that harsh of a clutch?

but it doesn't even begin to boost until like 4,000 rpm and doesn't reach full boost until over 6,000...hmmmm.

either way its too much for my blood.

Originally posted by 94Civintegra@Apr 10 2003, 08:29 PM
Its possible... I believe it
The only reason I believe it is because of the different crank...
Anyone ever heard of a 383 stroker? Its a 350 with a different crank, I think a 400 crank, but dont know forsure. I once heard of a Dodge Viper doing a 3.9 1/4 mile with a 383 stroker in it, and a hollow body that was specially made. The point is that a crank does a lot... maybe enough.

Anyone know a good place to learn about HP and TQ gains from a crank? Up until now I was thinking of keeping my stock crank in... now that I seen this, and learned about a 383 stroker.... Im almost sure a new crank will be one of my first mods!

383 stroker yes is a 400 crank, or an aftermarket 3.75 stroke crank. Why would a viper use a 383 when they already have 49X cubic inches and the new str's or whatever have 502 or 508 cubic inches. Doesn't make since man..

Anyways.. you do NOT want a crank for the first mod.. you will need to check clearence, where as a 383 for a chevy can use OEM 5.7" rods and be fine.. a honda you have to clay it and find the right rods and pistons to match so it dont slap the valves.

that thread is a month old....
frankly, who cares. its easy to build an 800 horse honda nowadays just costs money

i agree, it's not really challenging anymore. There are so many companys that sell top end performance parts that almost anything is possible without even trying, and just having money.

i can't believe no on noticed this, a 3.9 in the 1/4 haha hella bs, unless that thing was like a 4 bar titanium frame, and a motor sittin on 4 wheels( like 700-800lbs) then theres no way in hell, not rippin on vipers but come on man

3.9sec? thats like those top fuel and funny cars that run off methanol.

3.9sec what are you guys talking about the car ran 11.60 because it would not hook up on the small slicks they where running... they did not want to go with big slicks because first they would not fit and 2 stock axle's if anybody is in L.A and wants to see the car they can go to :worthy: trackmaster and see the car... if any body wants to have a dyno challenge call trackmaster and bring some money <_< ........this is the propblem with the net you try and share some info and everybody starts to hate and call it b.s :angry: the only reason why trackmaster wants this info out is to show they have the record for most hp daily driven on hondata....... and man the car is fun to be in when your gooing to pick up lunch.. an if its not a challenge to get a 647 whp daliy driven car why is there not more people? and to let you know they motor did not coast that much money <_<

the 3.9sec thing is not referred to that civic... read the bloody post and its replies, some dont-know-ish-at-all said a viper with a stroker did a 3.9 not that civic. calm down. personally i would love to see the car lay down that power on a dyno but it's kinda fishy, wouldn't u agree if u didn't know the guy personally? plus stock t/b, 2.25" charge piping... both small in terms of the claim you are making on the behalf of someone else. type-R camshafts are a bit detremental to making power in a forced-induction trim because they were meant to make power in all-motor trim. gsr cams would be better. you want high lift with turbo, long duration with all-motor. now dont get all prissy at me, just sharing MY opinions. B)

Back