78 cvcc build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah, it's already snowy and cold and dark and shit :(

I'm working on the exhaust now, then the brakes, I'm saving my pennies for the custom axles...

She'll be on burning up the streets by next spring :fosho:

i didnt totally test fit both, but seems to me my stock axles worked on my tranny and were even the right length. have you ever tried? they might not be the best, but might hold up for a little while.

No, the stock axles are uneven length, the Integra has a halfshaft and equal length axles. Plus the spline count is different.

Custom is the only way, unless I bust out the hack saw and some JB weld...

lol alright, i know i put one axle totally in and i thought it fit. but the other one i didnt put it in. was one of those bordem things lol. either way i wouldnt suggest using them, just thought maybe it would get it rolling. im having a diesel driveline shop make mine. dont want those suckers breaking.

chopping the 2 and weldiing them together wont work, the axles will start twisting at the weld and eventually break.

I cut up my pace setter header into a bunch of pieces, and am welding it back together so that it fits. It was one of those ideas that sounds good when you first say it, but after you start doing it, you say "Why the fuck did I think this was a good idea?"

chop it up and put a t3 flange on it!! just turbo that beast!! lol

but for real, did you get it back together? post some pics! whats next on the list after the headers?

That sucks, we got like 6-8 inches of snow but it is pretty warm outside now 35-40 degrees. Hope you get some heat

Ya it was like 28 today, I was out in my T shirt like, heat wave! lol

Furnace install tomorrow, I'll try to snap some pics :)

WTF!!! 28 and in a tshirt!!! its fucking like in the 50's right now and im kinda chilly in my sweater! good god!! lol

Pace Setter, Better.

DSC02475.jpg

DSC02476.jpg

DSC02477.jpg

DSC02478.jpg

DSC02479.jpg

DSC02480.jpg

DSC02481.jpg

I got a sweet video, but it's taking 12 years to load :(

I say just install the header like that. I wouldn't worry too much about exhaust leaks =P

Lookin good man. I'm jealous of you guys having cold white powdery stuff on the ground.
...Time to make another trip...
I miss snowboarding so much :(

Back