78 cvcc build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

^ I remember you had a kid... Are you married?
My guess is the wifey knows how much you want em :)
No, not married :D
She knows I want them, she wanted them to be a surprise, but they have to be custom length and she needs me to tell her the measurements ^_^
I don't care if its not a "surprise" I just want to get this thing on the road.

i have spent the last two hours reading this intire thread. this swap is insane. i have to give u props. from the custom work to hearing it run made my want to do something else to my 90 ef with an ls vetec swap. i think im going to do something crazy with it now. great job. i think we all wish you will get the axles for christmas. this thing is ready to be on the road.

I like the video. and the custom work you did to the headers. Overall I give you a 10 for the craftsmanship on this swap.

aight, aight. it just that it isnt wat u see out hear on the east coast. connecticut baby. u really only see 90's models and up to the newest civics out.

That's cuz the east coast rust kills these little babies.

thats true in most cases. I have a 90 ef hatch and surprisingly t doesnt have any.

thread jacked by rust.......j/k I think I can help KLYPH, next time your g/f comes over I'll kick her a little more spendin' money to get the car on the road;).

".......bitch is runnin' wild man"

All jokes aside, you locked in how the car is gonna look yet or you still day dreaming?

Well, now I want a silver/black paint scheme like the Bolus & Snopes car with AirJockie's watanabe rims, but that's further toward completion and I still have work to do.
aac%7E52.jpg

Last edited:
just 100 dollar paint job the beast!!!!

this little of a car you can prob do it more for like 50 bucks.... even 2 toned.

Well, now I want a silver/black paint scheme like the Bolus & Snopes car with AirJockie's watanabe rims, but that's further toward completion and I still have work to do.
aac%7E52.jpg

just let me know when it is to this stage so i can drive up and test drive it

I think the 2 tone black bottom grey top would look pretty good. That Bolus car is just plain mean looking!

On a side note (no pun intended), I've read that front air dams that come down low are most effective when there is a side-skirt to compliment it. If (like in the bolus & snopes car) you have a air dam up front and no side skirt, it sort of defeats the purpose.

But, I don't know how true that is. Sounds reasonable though.

Now I'm not entirely sure what air dams do, but from looking at the picture and what you just mentioned, would it be to keep it more aero-dynamic? That's how I'm seeing it, and without side-skirts, it seems like the air would just go around it and continue to make drag. I donno if that's right though, I'm hung over like a bitch so I'm not too keen on thoughts :p

Thats the idea I had. But I guess every little bit helps.
Splitters do a good bit, too, but there in the $350 range, unless you can fiberglass one yourself or w/e. Unlike the $5 Home Depot Garden rail lips ;P

landscape_edging_brown.jpg

Aerodynamics are cool.

Last edited:
Back