78 cvcc build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get a haircut!!!

:fuckyou:

very nice!

:concur:

hay""" great job on the rest of the car looks sweet hay did you do the axles yet let me know if not i might be able to help Ya!! CVCC-->Rocket.

I ordered custom length integra axles, they are $$$$, but should work nicely

nice.. ever figure out how you're gonna route the header

Ya, I'm gonna extend the runners and route it in front of the crossmember, since I don't want to chop up the stuctural integrity of the car any more than I already have.

BEAUTIFUL SLEEPER....

im loving this car and i cant wait till its complete...
so keep up the fucking fantastic work or everyone who has been eagerly awaiting will have to give u that haircut after all...

by the way beautiful cumstom work...if i decide to make my spare civic 4th gen sleeper (lol its in a backyard right now) ill draw inspiration from your beast of a sleeper ;)

Haha! After seeing the extensive custom fabrication and welding and the fully stocked shop you've got there, I must say I assumed you were... Older. :D

You look like a baby, I probably should've just read the info under your av and seen you were 22...

Not that I have any room to talk at 19, but you know.

All that aside, I must say I'm extremely jealous, and I'm left wondering, do you weld/fabricate as a job, or is it just a hobby? Because if you can accomplish that much with the skills of a weekend hobbyist, I'm excited because there may be hope for me yet!

Last edited:
DAMN ur brave trying to bring that back to lifee.. keep us postedd im interested to find out the outcome... what are the plans for the rest the car, and how much did the project cost you

Last edited:
Haha! After seeing the extensive custom fabrication and welding and the fully stocked shop you've got there, I must say I assumed you were... Older. :D

You look like a baby, I probably should've just read the info under your av and seen you were 22...

All that aside, I must say I'm extremely jealous, and I'm left wondering, do you weld/fabricate as a job, or is it just a hobby? Because if you can accomplish that much with the skills of a weekend hobbyist, I'm excited because there may be hope for me yet!

Haha! After seeing the extensive custom fabrication and welding and the fully stocked shop you've got there, I must say I assumed you were... Older.

Yes, I'm 22.
Yes, I shave every other week :baby:
No, I don't weld or fabricate for a living. I had never welded before in my life before I started this project. Anyone with decent eye/hand coordination can weld. It's NOT that hard.

Bad news however:
During the recent cold spell we had up here (It's been -40F to -30F for a couple of weeks) the furnace in my garage quit working. Granted, the thing is a forced air mobile home furnace that is 36 years old, but it was my only source of heat. So until I get a heat source, the project is frozen til spring :(

And by the way, spring in Alaska means May

I don't fish. I'd rather go to the store for 10 minutes than freeze my ass off or get eaten alive by mosquitos for hours.

Driving conditions are best in the winter when all the potholes/cracks are filled with snow and ice.

Driving conditions are best in the winter when all the potholes/cracks are filled with snow and ice.

potholes the size of a raccoon ahahha that aint no pothole dats a death trap ahahha

Looks good mang, I'll return in a few weeks to check it out again, I can't follow this every day. The suspense kills me.

ITS RUNNING!!!

(The furnace in my garage)
hehe, all it needed was a new fuel nozzle and she runs just like she did 30 years ago. For the next week, I'm gonna basically live out at the garage until I get the wiring sorted out. Update next weekend!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats bro! great work.... ;)
great work i must say a true inspiration to those like me and other around....^_^

cant wait till the wiring done and driven her....im actually tempted to tax this idea and do the same here in australia.......

Sick car. You say you have no welding experience before doing this. I think i'll give it a try sometime.

Back