78 cvcc build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol thats the guy next to the MSI yard isnt it?? ive bought a few things from him in the past. that integra he had there was there before he became owner of the place.
Yup Nathans yard, next to "Friends Church"
Fairbanks :: View topic - Pics And Vids From The Weekend..... VIDS UPLOADED!!!!!
i got the rims on my Corolla from him a couple of summers ago for $50 :)
you're 'rolla is hot. I don't think I've seen it, she must be a garage queen.
most of the cars he gets are from the local auction, ive been at a few that he was at, heck he has my old 91 Impulse RS awd at his yard now :p

Salvage yard rims - AKMS Forums
action auto has some decent parts and Rims that you might be able to use
Watanabes or BUST!
WTH!!! it snowed yesterday :mad:
I know, fuckin weak sauce
ill do my best to help you out, some of the guys on Fairbanksforum might have a place, try PMing WRXAK on there, he has a two car garage, of course we still need to get rid of those two CRX's one with the zc swap and my eg civic hatch out of his yard first.

Will do, I appreciate the help man. I gotta see the ZC rex, you've peaked my interest :thumbsup:

that swap is going to be sweet. i found some cams from a company called crespo cams in canada. This company designs racing cams for d16a1 acura engines.The company does not list the cams on there web site you have too email them and ask for them.they will have some in stock around may 15th. performance parts are kind of hard too come by so you really have too look. i have an 89 teg d16a1.the motor is vertually indistructable that is why i don't want too swap it. I have researched parts for this motor.for almost a year it is hard too get high horse power without spending ton of money but there are things you can do to push that little car around impressively the gearing is great for racing short distance. not too good on the interstate tho tachs out about 125mph. anyway looking foward too seeing the progress. good luck ak

wow, very disappointing to hear about your old man being a dick
do you have the storage unit rentals around your area?
that might be a good cheap place to rent, and they might let you work on your car there too

shit will work out with your old man...
here's a quote from a song, something to think about
"I took a swing at my old man one Christmas
I never dreamed that it would be his last"

I know, but I need to be an emo bitch for a little while longer because I'm still pissed off. I'm sure once I get all my shit off his property and we have time to cool off, we'll get along again. The reason he's being such a jackass right now is because his friend who supplied him with weed died recently. Dead friend + no more smoke = my dad being a royal pain in the ass. I should just buy him a sack and tell him to chill the fuck out.

do they got any storage places there you could store the car and work on it occasionally until you get a place to put it

Ya I could get a storage unit, but I might as well just pay the $$ to my dad and save a bunch of trouble. I'm going to my "financial institution" today to see how much they'll give me for mortgage on a house (with a garage of course).
How much do human souls go for these days?

That's the main issue. I have the basic tools, but the welder, portable band saw, jig saw, vice, bench grinder, air compressor, jack, jack stands... are all his. I'd have to do some serious shopping to get my own garage up to snuff.

Wow, man all my tools belong to my dad too. I guess that means i shouldnt piss him off.

Fear not my brothers, the Civic project will rise again!

(I've spent too much farking money to quit now)

My buddy Dusty just bought him a 78 cvcc one owner. it needs a few touch ups on it (comapred to yours atleast)... its his new "daily" he says, but we all know it will turn into some monsterous project. he already put him some hallogen HIDs in it... lmao
love the 12" wheels ^_^

Ill refer him to the thread

sry to hear about you losing your workspace, i know how you feel, i live in an apartment and keep all my tools in my closet (much to my wifes anger). it sucks but buying your dad a sack might be cheaper.

Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

They have a location right down the stree from my house. Love this place. Yeah, the tools tend to be crap quality, but they're exactly just good enough to get the job done. Why spend 50$ on a gear puller from Sears or NAPA when you can get one from harbor freight for ten. :fosho2:

Good luck on your project, guy. :clover: I'd offer whatever help I can, but I'm poor and not in Alaska. :cold: Moral support maybe?

In other news, I haven't spoken to my dad for two years, and my life has been way less complicated since. Currently in work on being better father for my boy than him. :baby:

Weed smoking, Crazy male parents suck... I got arrested when I was 17 for Pulling a knife on him *He was choking me, and I'm an asthmatic so I couldn't breathe* but I got arrested because I was still a minor and he was 'disiplining' me or something... He kicked me out when I turned 19.... and Now I'm a Network Tech making Salary with Blue Cross, Blue Shield Benifits, and I own a 2007 for focus AND my project Hatch. I make more than him, I am healthier than him, and will be a better man then he ever will, LIVING WELL IS THE BEST REVENGE!

Back