78 cvcc build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Weed smoking, Crazy male parents suck... I got arrested when I was 17 for Pulling a knife on him *He was choking me, and I'm an asthmatic so I couldn't breathe* but I got arrested because I was still a minor and he was 'disiplining' me or something... He kicked me out when I turned 19.... and Now I'm a Network Tech making Salary with Blue Cross, Blue Shield Benifits, and I own a 2007 for focus AND my project Hatch. I make more than him, I am healthier than him, and will be a better man then he ever will, LIVING WELL IS THE BEST REVENGE!

:shrug2:

alot of us here are successful like that.

hay any news wusup get-r-done
what have you done for fuel lines? or are they bigger than vacumm lines on the 78 cvcc. have you gottin anywhere on it with all the crap you had to go through
im waiting for more pics.

hay any news wusup get-r-done
what have you done for fuel lines? or are they bigger than vacumm lines on the 78 cvcc. have you gottin anywhere on it with all the crap you had to go through
im waiting for more pics.

Sadly, no, nothing new has been done. I'm in the process of buying a home (with garage), and that has taken most of my time. Though, now it's looking like I'll need a better job to get the financing.

As far as fuel lines, I was planning on using rubber fuel line, about the same size as the brake booster vaccuum line, but I would like to get some steel lines at least from the tank to the firewall.

I could take more pics, but they would just be of the car parked in the trees :(

hay bud i paid for two 25 foot fuel line 3/8 more than enough for your car is was for mine its new and from jegs if you want it let me know any thing i can help with to get your car going you will have to pay for shiping thats it ill send it to you if you want its aluminum fuel line 3/8 x 25' .035 wall seamless let me know bud just for you no one els.

i had 4 foot extra line left you should not have a prob. happy to help

Attachments

• fuel lines.jpg
    fuel lines.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 193
add. to sent to ill send out as soon as now let me know when you want it my wife worked for fed-X so ill try and get it to ya free. i need to know where to send it you will like it it bends with no help with a bender and is great for 160 psi of gas top drag cars use this so i got it well more than enough lol 2' 25 foot lines

Thanks for the interest, but I AM too proud to beg ^_^

I don't really want any handouts, but be patient, I'm not giving up on this thing yet.

lines all packed up ready to go out note i know you were talking about the other guy but im not doing a hand out on my part i paid for one 25 foot and they gave me 2nd 25 foot free and i have no need for it.

Last edited:
a lill info that i had to do on the tank i pulled down the tank drained the tank all"" then filled with water i had drilled a hole then ran a small 12" stainless pipe i used torch and (Silver solder kit stay-Brite Part #11000 ) welds great strength up to 10,000 to 25,000 psi you use it like you would with small torch to solder copper pipes easy
you get it at a welding store.

Last edited:
It's cool man, I was talkin about handouts like $$$. If you got extra parts that you don't need, I'll take em, but I don't want to be like "Whoah is me, give me money because I have it so bad"

There are much better causes out there that could use your money. Extra fuel line, I'll take :D

Thanks again man.

And now that I'm thinking about it, is the ECU's power source from the wire that goes to the + terminal hazard fuse it's sole source of power? I was doing the wiring when the project got interrupted and was kinda confused.
There seemed to me to be one bulkhead plug that had all the wires leading from sensors on the engine to the ECU, and another bulkhead plug with wires leading from sensors to the instrument cluster. There was also the injector harness, and a few other things. I guess my question is, what is the bare minimum amount of things that need to be hooked up to make the engine run? I know I don't need the instruments, Idle up solenoid, and a few other non-essentials, do I need the Integrated Control Unit? I just think that if I could quickly get it to the point of at least firing up, I would be inspired to keep plugging away on it. I don't know a whole lot about wiring and circuits, so I'm pretty lost. I have an idea of what I need to do, but I don't know for sure. It would be awesome if someone could answer specific questions and point me in the right direction. If there are any wiring gurus in the house, please speak up!

ill send a email of the wire diagram that is needed for the hot wire-to-ECU-to-motor the main wire is the thick white wire on the out side fuse box
if you were to run down the wires from the ECU thats all the wires to run the motorthe diagram will show you all the wires needed ill have to send it Email its a lill big for the forum

Back