78 cvcc build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol, im gona do the b series in a 82 civic if i can find one. i just didnt want to make the mounts lol

yea i remember that i thought it was the same gen guess not,.well there goes that ideal of you making me somemounts lol.

yup 79 is last year of 1st gen
82 would be a 2nd gen. Good news is that you have more room to work with than I do.

I finished the new rear mount so that the car can be towed (hopefully to the new house)
Sorry about the shitty cell phone pics, but it was all I had.
07-07-07_2109.jpg

07-07-07_2110.jpg

07-07-07_2125.jpg

07-07-07_2126.jpg

07-07-07_2231.jpg

07-07-07_2232.jpg

07-07-07_2233.jpg

07-07-07_2234.jpg

The Poly-Caulk has to cure overnight, then I'll reassemble and pray to God it fits, I kinda rushed this mount and banged it out in a few hours.

Got it painted and installed!!!

07-08-07_1734.jpg

07-08-07_1829.jpg

07-08-07_1830.jpg

07-08-07_1831.jpg

07-08-07_1839.jpg

07-08-07_1840.jpg

07-08-07_1915.jpg

Now this shit is a HELL of a lot beefier than the last one. The suspension flexes before the mount does, which is what everybody wants right?

Bump, in case anyone missed it. What do you all think of the hockey puck mount?

attention whore. Def better than the last one you had for it, by far.

yes on both accounts :D

I'm just glad the mounts are finally done, this means most of the major fab. work is complete. My buddy who is a tech for Audi in Seattle is comin up soon, he's sposed to help me with the wiring. After that, all it needs is fuel lines/pump and I might get to hear this beast roar.

those are the hockey pucks, right? was there a lot of play after you stuck them in? is that adhesive going to fall apart?

keep up the good work and good luck with the new house!!

those are the hockey pucks, right? was there a lot of play after you stuck them in? is that adhesive going to fall apart?

keep up the good work and good luck with the new house!!

Yup, hockey pucks. With 3" sched. 40 pipe, there was about an 1/8th of an inch of play. The adhesive is poly construction adhesive used on subflooring and wall panels etc. It should hold just fine, it doesn't hold the pucks in place, the ears on the other bracket do that, it mearly takes up the gap between the pucks and the pipe to keep it from rattling. I don't think it will be a problem.

As for the house, thanks for the luck!

Thanks, glad to see ppl are still interested. It's good motivation :)

anything new?
My buddy (Audi Tech from seattle) is coming up in 2 days to help me do the wiring, so I may be able to get it running in a couple of weeks :mellow:
did you put a sleeve in the middle of that puck for the mount bolt?

you should :-\

I got the supplies to build my Hockey Puck Mounts.
Pictured are 2 pucks, a piece of 3" sched. 40 pipe the length of both pucks, a M12x1.75 bolt, washer and flange nut, and 2 12mm steel sleeves that are both the length of one puck.
Puck2.jpg

Puck3.jpg

Puck1.jpg

Tonight and tomorrow, I'll see if I can make this crap into a new rear mount.

That was several pages back :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I'll post pics of the wiring nightmare when I get a chance. :blink:

Back