79 Non-cvcc build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ive got a tooon of work todo i know. but really.. i dont have near the work to do on this car as i do my 67 camaro, that thing has some nasssty rust, so i got a ass load of metal work to do on it. but atleast everything after that is all bolt on lol. really dont have a whole lot of hard work left on this project

with this i got a little bit of metal work on the rear, a tiny bit of easy fiberglass work. slap the motor back into the car, wire it up, rip it all back out, paint it, roll cage it... oaky fuck it i got to much work to do. LOL

See 67 Camaro. so if that is a mustang then it isn't my fault for thinking he has a camaro.

I will give you my civic and trans am for that camaro.

you better be throwing in 100g's to go with that lol. no one will be able to pry these keys from my dead lifeless hands.

to bad its not a camaro its a mustang

depends what your car talking about... and in what picture you see the car. there is a white 67 camaro, green 65 mustang, rusted 66 mustang and a black 67 mustang.

See 67 Camaro. so if that is a mustang then it isn't my fault for thinking he has a camaro.

the cars you see in the newer pictures i posted are mustangs. the 65 is the green one parked right next to my civic. the 66 is barried in a junk pile in the back corner, and the 67 is off in the far right side by the garage door. my camaro is in another shop right now where im pulling the tranny to rebuild and then get started on the body work. it was picture around the time i was tearing down the motor/doing the TC bumper.

I think everyone does.

pretty much, been offered 20k cash before for my rusted out one. you can go buy a restored one for about 25-30ish normally. unless its something special. but when u can find em for sale, snatch em up.

so any more updates???? looks good turn out

naaa not yet. to broke to go buy another 50 bucks worth of resin to work on the front end with. and im being lazy and not really wanting to fab a whole bunch, so im kinda looking for a RHD steering rack. getting ready to leave here in a few hours though and work on the customer d16 swap. its just about finished!

STOLEN!!!!!!

i was doing some cleaning in the shop tonight to make some more room, and took off for a few hours to hang out with a old girl friend. left the civic sitting out side. i come back and its ****ing GONE! not a joke its straight up gone.

since it wasnt registered, or insured yet im pretty much ****ed, title wasnt even in my name yet. so even if they find it, i probably wont get it back. **** ME!! im sooo effin pissed i cant even explain.

guess this project is dead.

Well no good news on the car... But im not gonna let these bastards get the best of me! Cant let them win. So with out much futher to do...
The guy i got this from called it "Racer X".
I present, the New, EB3 - STi Killer.

l_1fed0d3bde470b93cd8c758912902c5c.jpg

l_7218b359dc5c2b86d70702b79cab3948.jpg

l_47ef83495cf602cb381162f770862246.jpg

l_7f8bb4fdf4c38e369a4551677498484f.jpg

l_13d44e5850186af7dfc1624267af73e5.jpg

Nasty Dent. That will take a gallon of bondo to fill ;)
l_eae3aea6f00e3760176428f9d6a6f080.jpg

Door latch needs to be adjusted... it doesnt always like to latch lol.
l_8b8a2d4303dedc800650830760432ce3.jpg

So... Theres you the Before pictures... Its not near as nice of a shell as my old one. its gotta lot of dints and dings, and house paint all over it lol. its in poor shape. But Im going all out on this one. Balls to the wall, flat out dumping as much money as i can afford for a while.
Not cutting any corners. First things first. Strip the car to nothing, replace some body parts with some custom built ones, sand blast everything, POR15 it and prevent it from rust, and go to town. Hopefully this project will move along very quickly, and get caught up to, and pass the old shell inless than a month.
So heres the tear down process.
l_500b49cf3e84eb89505d63a0a63cc1ca.jpg

l_343f435239fd5c6b96676b5a87015038.jpg

l_ebf1f70e6ade72378b70be568a1f60ec.jpg

motor is on its way out next. and im sticking strong with my dohc D series motor. I like my tits like i like my motors, D's not B's!!
l_6855ce920c4f97af0419e69863df06d7.jpg

New seats. but im 99% positive im going to sell them, and go with a true light weight racing bucket. not these summit racing wannabe's.

l_c28168dc92973499af3fb05760ff428d.jpg

thats all the further i got tonight, but ill be back at it early tomorrow morning. More updates soon!

STOLEN!!!!!!

i was doing some cleaning in the shop tonight to make some more room, and took off for a few hours to hang out with a old girl friend. left the civic sitting out side. i come back and its ****ing GONE! not a joke its straight up gone.

since it wasnt registered, or insured yet im pretty much ****ed, title wasnt even in my name yet. so even if they find it, i probably wont get it back. **** ME!! im sooo effin pissed i cant even explain.

guess this project is dead.

That sucks, did you have your motor in it when it was stolen? And where do you keep finding these things.

no the motor wasnt in it.

this one i picked up from the same place i got my first one actually lol. the guy im doing a d16y8 swap for. he has like 6 of these currently. well only 5 now since he gave me this one lol.

i know he has owned atleast 3 more that he sold off. one being the one that got stolen from me.

Last edited:
So they stole it when it looked like this:

l_069b212a0c095bd25a4b3820ed71125a.jpg

Unbelievable. Really, I'm having trouble believing it.

Yeah I kinda can't believe it either but then again it wasn't my car and I have heard and seen stupider stuff happen so it may have.

someone would steal a box of shit crayons.. its just a matter of them having it and not you.. :shrug2:

no, i pulled the mold off the car. so it didnt look like that. was just the open front end. thank goodness cuz now i dont have to refoam the new car, i still have the mold and i can keep building away.

you guys realize this is a good $200 in scrap metal right? and nothing could be easier to walk away with since the only thing stoping it from moving anywhere is a ebrake.

no, i pulled the mold off the car. so it didnt look like that. was just the open front end. thank goodness cuz now i dont have to refoam the new car, i still have the mold and i can keep building away.

you guys realize this is a good $200 in scrap metal right? and nothing could be easier to walk away with since the only thing stoping it from moving anywhere is a ebrake.

Yeah but its not like some kid was walking down the street seen it put it in his pocket and kept walking like nothing happened, whoever took it had to have a flat bed/repo style tow truck and some big balls.

or a geo metro with a chain... strapped to its rear bumpe and my front crossmember. u guys realise how easy it is to roll this thing away lol. your talking about a car i can lift off the ground and move over.

but come to find out tonight after reading the paper, a car dolly was stolen from uhaul just down the street the same day. go figure. maybe just a coincidence, but hey, seems logical.

Back