'82 Toyota Starlet (Pictures)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

/impression of a rotary drag car

BRAP, BRAP, BRAP, *misfire*, BRAP.........stage.......BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP. *Pop, Pop, Pop*....

Quoted post[/post]]
/impression of a rotary drag car

BRAP, BRAP, BRAP, *misfire*, BRAP.........stage.......BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP. *Pop, Pop, Pop*....
:bustout: I only laugh because of how true that is..... :bustout:

I already found that link but it dosnt really explain any thing. Just says what he is doing. Im assuming the 3tc is a good motor, but i want information on how hard they are to get. If its a direct swap shit like that.

Ive also been looking for a break down of each year, what motors go in which car ect.

I would really like to see him drop in a turbo 3tc but im still gathering intel on it. I have seen some pictures of a SBC being put in a starlet. That would be bad ass if he had the cash/fab skills to drop it in.

Easiest swap in the world... is a small block into anything

ford, chevy, mopar... doesnt matter

They all have MASSIVE amounts of aftermarket that even honda kids couldnt dream of

and the possibilities are endless.

however, for the record... the small block inside the c6 z06... best GM produced motor EVER!

427 small block for the win.

i love that sound....@ WOT with an air shifter....thats the shit

but i dont like the rotary engines that much..

Are you talking about the 3TGTE ?
3TGTEU.JPG

Engine Type Valv/Cyl Year Disp. BHP Torque Bore Stroke CR stock boost+other remarks
/angle [*=JIS] [lb ft] [mm or inches]

3T OHV 2 77-85 1770 90@ ? 85 78
3T-U OHV 2 77- 1770 98 85 78
3T-C OHV 2 80-81 1770 75@5000 95@2600 3.35 3.07 9:1
3T-C OHV 2 82 1770 70@4600 93@2400 3.35 3.07 9:1
3T-EU OHV 2 78-83 1770* 105@5400 120@3600 85 78 9:1
3T-GTEU DOHC 2 82-85 1770* 160@6000 152@4800 85 78 7.8:1 ~0.5bar (7.3psi) stock

Thank you, Matti Kahlalatti.

a friend of mine has a starlet
its scarry
it isnt even really tuned well yet and its faster than any of the muscle cars that hes had (he had a nova that ran 9s and a street driven monza that did 10s)
it sounds like choking to death at idle
it sounds like a weed whacker untill it gets to 4k
then the boost guage gets pinned at 28lbs and the thing lifts the front wheels and takes the fuck off
the whole experience is somewhat violent and uncomforting

i would not at all recommend a starlet for a street / strip car
but as a straight up track car they are insane

He dosnt want to get super crazy with it just a beter motor with alittle more power. What engine is your buddy running? A v6 or somthin or is it one of the OEM equiped motors?

i dont really know or understand the specifics of that car all i know is its a pretty small 4cyl with a huge ass turbo and a set of webber carbs

Back