90% done on my CR-V swap into a 92 DX hb. Axle Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NSXguy

I've already used the search tool, unsuccessfully. So here is my question to y'all. :p

What passenger front axle end will match my 92 DX hb Civic's hubs, while being .5" to 1" shorter than the current Civic ?

I'm using the AWD drivetrain from a CR-V and currently the hybrid axle (CRV axle with Civic end on the hub side) is about ".25 too long fully compressed. So I need to know what axle end (on the hub side) I can use...

thanks
Alex

im not sure but i think honda tunig did a swap similar to this so if you have any old magazines i'd check those but im not sure which one. wish i could be of more help ............good luck

OK, I hope this helps you. I am a 1992 Honda Civic VX that has a B20B and Si tranny. I am using the axles from a 1990 to 1993 Integra and have not had one problem with them. However, I did have to change the tranny seals to the 1990 to 1994 because the 1994 and up where a bit to small.

Quoted post[/post]]
OK, I hope this helps you. I am a 1992 Honda Civic VX that has a B20B and Si tranny. I am using the axles from a 1990 to 1993 Integra and have not had one problem with them. However, I did have to change the tranny seals to the 1990 to 1994 because the 1994 and up where a bit to small.

you are right ! I was already told that 90-93 integra axles will do the trick, but when I went last week to look at one at my local Autozone, the axle I was shown was not right. After reading your post I went back and this time they showed me another axle (!?). This one seemed it'd work (same number of splines, diameters, length...). So I bought it and tried it. Sure enough, it's the right axle !!!

thanks ! :worthy:

What do you use for the driver side ? Same year half shaft or the entire half-shaft and axle ?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

you are right ! I was already told that 90-93 integra axles will do the trick, but when I went last week to look at one at my local Autozone, the axle I was shown was not right. After reading your post I went back and this time they showed me another axle (!?). This one seemed it'd work (same number of splines, diameters, length...). So I bought it and tried it. Sure enough, it's the right axle !!!

thanks ! :worthy:

What do you use for the driver side ? Same year half shaft or the entire half-shaft and axle ?
Everything that has to do with an axle on my Civic is from a 1990 to 1993 Integra.

Quoted post[/post]]
Everything that has to do with an axle on my Civic is from a 1990 to 1993 Integra.

One last question about your setup... On the driver side, is the axle one piece or does it use a halfshaft. One easy way to tell is if your driver side axle on the transmission end has a CV boot or not. If it goes straight in and the halfshaft is bolted to the block, or if the axle goes straight from the tranny to the hub...

thanks

cut it and weld it that might work,i know cheap ass that did that and worked for a while

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
cut it and weld it that might work,i know cheap ass that did that and worked for a while

thanks for the reply but this is not an option. This is going to be a autoXer car and the axles need to be strong and available within a week.

ok, I figured it out with the help of a mechanic friend. For future reference to whoever is having the same problems, the CV halfshaft and intermediate shaft were binding cause the halfshaft being too long. A shorter axle from a 92 integra driver side without the tranny end on is about a good inch shorter and worked fine. Before this, I was using the passenger end of a A/T civic without the tranny end and it was too long as well.

Back