A few more Pics from Japan.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Calesta+Oct 28 2003, 12:28 AM-->
Originally posted by sleepergtx@Oct 27 2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by xyswany@Oct 27 2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 27 2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by FFCiv@Oct 26 2003, 05:16 PM
Seany-izzle
@Oct 26 2003, 04:13 PM
is that a hotdog he is cooking?

no, just dog

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

lmmfao :ph34r:

I thought that was only the Koreans that ate dog and cat? To them dog and cat is like a farm animal, like Chickens to us. :unsure:

It may be true for some people, but sweeping stereotypes and people actually believing them is pretty insulting.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

My brother has eaten dog, they serve it in some Korean restaurants in Korea...he was there for a year for the Army. He was in Camp Casey (?) about 30 miles from the N. Korean border...pretty close to Seoul. I don't see why he'd lie about something like that, and yes he was sure it was dog. ;)

If it's true, how's it a 'stereotype'? :)

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Oct 27 2003, 06:38 PM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 28 2003, 12:28 AM
Seany-izzle

no, just dog

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I thought that was only the Koreans that ate dog and cat? To them dog and cat is like a farm animal, like Chickens to us. :unsure:

It may be true for some people, but sweeping stereotypes and people actually believing them is pretty insulting.

My brother has eaten dog, they serve it in some Korean restaurants in Korea...he was there for a year for the Army. He was in Camp Casey (?) about 30 miles from the N. Korean border...pretty close to Seoul. I don't see why he'd lie about something like that, and yes he was sure it was dog. ;)

you're not around asians enough, people fuck around with asians about shit like that...hella fags :angry:

For me living in JAPAN for 7.5 years.......I have never seen any dogs or cats on the menu...the strangest would have to be a horse restaurant....and thats about it. Yes the meal that the guy is eating is Yakiniku--(grilled meat). and it is actually from Korea, but even then, the main course is beef. Not dog's....not cat's.....not little kids.....not monkey brains....or anything else that is steriotypical with asian foods.....Some American's need to get off the hamburger only diet, leave their comfy sofa, and get out and enjoy the other foods that the world has to offer. I am one that also had the same mentality of the common American...but when I got to japan, had curry rice and a big beer when I was 18, I enjoed the hell out of it, and I couldn't eat on base that much...the real food was that good, to where I only would eat the fast American food when I had no time. And yes....saying the old steriotype comments....in a world with such a vast population...you will piss someone off...and the comment about dogs or cats...basically pissed of most Asians.....this was a post about car pics...not friggen pet eating humor.

/rant over

Originally posted by silver+Oct 28 2003, 01:10 AM-->
Originally posted by sleepergtx@Oct 27 2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 28 2003, 12:28 AM
Seany-izzle

no, just dog

you're not around asians enough, people fuck around with asians about shit like that...hella fags :angry:

:lol:

You're funny, pretending you know all about me and the people I live and work around. <_<

see that, what a beautiful world without a chevy, ford, dodge or buick in sight.
i love it! japan rocks!!
btw, thanks for sharing the pics

You're funny, pretending you know all about me and the people I live and work around. <_< [/quote]
maybe you just havent had it happen to you
people've been giving me shit about stuff like that for years, if you dont get it just be thankful you dont have to put up with shit like that

Calesta: I'm sorry I meant no offense to you and I was just joking around
Silver: i'd appoligize to you to but I found it unnecessary to call me (if i was who the comment was directed at) a hella fag. I have no problem with any race, I just have problems with peoples beliefs and attitudes when they start affecting me.

You're funny, pretending you know all about me and the people I live and work around. <_<
maybe you just havent had it happen to you
people've been giving me shit about stuff like that for years, if you dont get it just be thankful you dont have to put up with shit like that [/QUOTE]
I realize there's hate and stupidity in the world. but accusing everyone of "racism" at the first sign of supposed "stereotyping" has it's own consequences. I look at it like the pot calling the kettle black...I can see your side. I didn't say ALL Koreans eat dog. But, there are restaurants out there that do have it on the menu.

but :gives: really? Live and learn. It's all good. ;)

I'm sure other nationalities stereotype Americans just as much. Don't lie...Airjockie hit on it. Because we're the fattest country in the world people think EVERY american is over weight. fuck...I wish I could gain weight to be AT my ideal weight.

5'9 and 120 here (but I'm not even 16) I think it's the funniest thing when people say all americans are fat

lol, its really true that foreigners think americans are stereotypically fat...ppl in china kept asking me if americans were really as fat as they think they are

Originally posted by FFCiv@Oct 27 2003, 09:50 PM
5'9 and 120 here (but I'm not even 16) I think it's the funniest thing when people say all americans are fat

You must be a god damn twig. I am 5'8'' 170 and I am not a fatass. I have a small gut but nothing that hangs over or anything. Its not that noticable.

I feel like a fucking fat ass. You guys are some skinny mofo's. You are lucky that you will never have to really watch what you eat.

one of these days I might though Jeff. high metabolisms suck. trust me.

Originally posted by Jeef+Oct 27 2003, 08:14 PM-->
@Oct 27 2003, 09:50 PM

You must be a god damn twig. I am 5'8'' 170 and I am not a fatass. I have a small gut but nothing that hangs over or anything. Its not that noticable.

Pfft. 6'0" 165 lbs putting up decent numbers and to think I used to be a offensive tackle for years. damn I was a fat ass.

Originally posted by FFCiv@Oct 27 2003, 09:33 PM
Calesta: I'm sorry I meant no offense to you and I was just joking around

That's ok- I'm not easily offended... just be careful on statements like that. ;)

yea im 6' and about 165 too, and i think im a skinny fuck.

I have go to be the fattest guy here. 5'4" 185. I used to 140, just about perfect, but once I moved out I gained all this weight, too much eating, drinking and partying. I need to lose it again. I know it sounds weird, but being fat, I am still in great shape, I can still run 2 miles pretty easy, and play basketball for 4 hours. Just don't eat right anymore, MOM isn't on me anymore.

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Oct 27 2003, 10:18 PM
I'm 6' and 120 lbs, whats your point?? :ph34r:

A fellow thin guy! 6'0" 122lbs here. :)

Oh and Airjockie.. remember when you mentioned the trip on redpepperracing.com? Where's my Pocky!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back