above 100 mph my car sways like a boat...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Oct 10 2004, 11:17 PM
The only thing I have problems with on my car is:
going over 100mph the windshield wipers slide up the windshield. I have yet to figure this one out.
[post=400996]Quoted post[/post]​

I use the Bosch Microedge wiper assemblies- they're complete wiper arm replacements, and the arms are vented to prevent lift at speed. They work- trust me. Then again, my stock wipers didn't slide up at 120mph when the car was totally stock either. Maybe it's your wiper motors or geartrain.

coil overs suck...
if you wanna do real speeds then do real suspension work...

and for the love of god, if your car is all over the road at 100mph+ then STOP DRIVING THAT FUCKING FAST before you kill yourself or someone else...

all it takes is one little fuck up and you get a pine box...

ive topped out my car ( supposedly tranny winds out at 152 )
on multiple occasions on stock suspension and its always steady.
hell first time i did i was eating with one hand and driving with the other.

so i dont think its your setup, you just got something loose or broke somewhere

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 11 2004, 11:49 AM
fuck bosch.

that is all.
[post=401168]Quoted post[/post]​

:lmao: Great wipers. :thumbsup:

its probably the combination of old motor and or gears, because the wipers wont stop all the way down, like when you turn the wipers off they will go down, but not down far enough. its pretty comical, because it does it at almost exactly 100mph

good gosh! haha thanks for all da replies. sorry for not responding sooner. hell no i dont have a fucking fastnfurious wing! (sorry for swearing) ya i think it's my alignment then.cuz my alignment IS off.ha but i didnt think it would make that big of a difference. i'm def. gonna get that taken care of asap. one of my buddies also said my pads could be worn unevenly ,that's why my car feels like the f*ckin titanic when i slow down from speeds above 100. n i know my shit when driving fast.i've only gone above 100 less than a handful of times and this was on country roads that dont even have a speed limit for more than 10 miles or so.so dont get on my brown i for "endangering" other drivers. but thanks for all the help ebryone. one more thing,would loose for gone to shit tie rods be noticable to the eye? i haven't had undercar at school yet so i dont know exactly what to look for. i'm a noob what u expect? thanks again to all who responded.

just curious. what should my car top out at? 92 dx hatch w/ :jdm b18b,aem v2 cai,dc 421,skunk2 adj. gears,skunk2 intake manifold,custom 2.5 inch exhaust,rota slips 15's,falken ziex(spellin?) rubber,tokico blues,gc coilovers. bout it besides tranny bolt ins like exedy clutch n flywheel n b/m shortshifter. took out my back seat.spw seats.if someone has a good idea or the same set-up as me could u give me an estimate on how fast my car should top out at? thanks again usdm ecu

someone had a chart a long time ago with all the dif trannies for honda models and what they topped out at.

doesnt matter what all you ahve done ot your car, if your tranny is stock then it will wind out at the same speed, youll just get there alot faster ;)

these speeds were also with 0 wind resistance, so they would be slower unless you were drafting someone :p

hmm that chart was posted prolly 2 years ago, been a few server upgrades since then, i doubt i could find it.

Bolt on a HUGE, i mean HUGE a$$ double planed wing :lol:

Dude it could also be that your car was made to be governed at 120MPH, and is really not built to take much more than that, without some serious suspension mods. I.E. Frame bracing/proper roll cage, bushings, ect.

Originally posted by SPEEDFREAK0920@Oct 14 2004, 05:10 PM
usdm b18b ls ecu. i wanna get a jdm ecu cuz i have a jdm b18b
[post=402543]Quoted post[/post]​

the real question is...........WHY?

cuz one of my boys swapped out his ls for a gsr and he sold me his old ecu,tranny,axles,half shaft and some other sh*t for $200.i bought the jdm b18b long block for 900. so i payed 1100 for my whole swap. that's a steal if u ask me

Just some FYI the jdm ecus are governed lower then the usdm ones, because japan has stricter speed laws. just get your stock one chipped or reprogrammed, same shiet my stock ecu p06 i think ( eg8 sedan) topped out at like 120 ish, when i did my sohc swap with the jdm p08 ecu it dropped to like 112-115. so yeah

heh yea good wipers .. okay plugs, and genral maintainance!

Back