Acura RSX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok man, I drive a 2001 GSR which originally had an Imobilizer I know it because I couldnt start it with a key coppy from Home Depot, ok, and now I have a 98 ECU in it, now I can start the damn car with a every key,

and also I still use my Key with the Chip in it, and for your info. the RSX and 2001 GSR have same imobilizer system geee....

Originally posted by Icy_winds_+Feb 1 2004, 05:10 AM-->
Sergey P.A.
@Feb 1 2004, 03:26 AM
1.ok so who ever said that puting another ECU into a car with imobilizer system doesn't work if you want to take it, (you abvisly don't know what you talkin about and you full of shit)

2. so I know personally know people who jack Type R's and RSX on the daily bases and they say that Honda Emobilizer system is bull shit,

3. (everything is in the ECU)

So there pro locks smiths now. Now your going to said they swap out the ignition key lock on the steering wheel column. (Which you didnt mention) My friend mark has a 94 and gee there must be 2001 GSR's that dont have Imbolizers plenty people steal GSR's in florida for engine swaps. Only theft deterent I know for the radio.
GSR's are like this you take the column box off you might need a 8mm with extention (loosen the two bolts) ignition hangs, after that you need a small phillps for the 2 screws on the back of the ignition key where the 2 wires end (the small plastic piece). Take that off grab a flat head push in the clutch turn the ignition on. same with 5th gen civics and earlier. I only do this when I lose my civics key and i really have to go some where.

1 ?? read the damn thread you not talking in person. :emofo:

2. Who cares if you know people who steal cars, once they get caught your done for.

3.K-series equipped cars has a completly different ECU different fuel maps,distributorless ignition, and different pinouts, also every thing is not in the ECU.
You dont swap GSR ECU's to take or even try to start an RSX.
This is the Immobilzer for K-series motors. Only way I see it, is if you swap the locks and ECU, from another k-series car.
k20seriesimmoscrew1.jpg

kseriesimmobiliser.jpg

:owned:

:gives: do you have to argue with everyone? :roll:

Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Jan 31 2004, 07:56 PM
:huh: :blink: You need help :locked: LOL and you still didn't prove nothing.

Whatever, i'm done with this guy...

he will eventually get banned.

time to move on to bigger and better things

To answer some questions asked earlier, since I was gone for the weekend:

1. Parts for a flat-4 engine aren't much higher than those for an inline-4. Granted, there are cheaper parts (like DC Sports and OBX for inline-4's), but would you really want to put those on your car if you're looking for real gains or real quality? I COULD'VE bought a Helix uppipe for $125, or an even cheaper no-name for less, but I chose a high-end company like Vishnu for numerous reasons I won't go into here. I challenge anyone here to spend $1200 on a Honda to get 65-70 horsepower (not counting homemade ghetto jobs). Moral of this part of the story: Pay for what you get for. I learned my lesson with my Honda, and I didn't make the mistake with my Subaru.

2. My gas mileage is comparable to my Honda, but not quite as good. About 2-4 mpg worse than the H22A. Of course, that's standard, granny-type driving, which I almost never do. 16 pounds of boost are just WAY too much fun. :D

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Feb 2 2004, 06:01 PM
2. My gas mileage is comparable to my Honda, but not quite as good. About 2-4 mpg worse than the H22A. Of course, that's standard, granny-type driving, which I almost never do. 16 pounds of boost are just WAY too much fun. :D

:worthy:

*lives his car dream vicariously through dohcvtec_accord*

Originally posted by revolution8k@Feb 2 2004, 08:34 PM
:worthy:

*lives his car dream vicariously through dohcvtec_accord*

I keep tellin ya, you need to come to CO, ski some of the slopes here, and feel the beauty of 280 horses driven by AWD. :D

Back