AHHVTEC'S 2nd gen build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

finally some progress, it goes to get the axles thursday
001-11.jpg

002-15.jpg

003-14.jpg

Nice. It will look sweet with all the glass/grill/bumpers on and such. Are you planning on lowering it?

I think it would look sweet with some 15in BBS wheels (newer school mesh are my favorite) Or even LS Meshies

I didn't realize the motor would sit so low. No hood clearance issues at all....that must mean a K-swap could go in one easy....plus you could still slam it if you built the mounts to lift the motor.

oh yea as soon as the catback is on its getting lowered,and a k would fit but you would have to cut the car up, i didnt want to do that.and yeah i was surprised at how low the motor sat.

K series would be too much of a handful anyways.....all that work to have a Tasmanian Devil.

You D series will rock. I hope you take it to the 1/4 mile to see what it does.

P.S. Looks like turbo would fit pretty easy....7lbs on a mild set up.....fast to 3rd power!

Just EXCELLENT! Love the old Mugen rims..
For lowering, the springs are gonna give you fits trying to adapt smaller dia springs in there.. Not a whole lot can be done if you use the stock strut. You can look into digging through some supplier catalogs to see which inserts can be used and cut/shorten and re-weld perches to make them shorter. You just have to keep that little 'notch' in relation to that bolt hole.

Look into the 88-91 Prelude rear brake assy and lower control arms to that can be fabbed into the rear support. If there is one in a yard near you just lay under there and study it. If I remember right, the whole thing unbolts from the bottom of the Prelude.
I wonder if you can get away from the stock prop valve too. Maybe a 40/40 one from a teg?
I think that the mid-late 80 Accord front brakes will swap also.

Glad to see the progress.. makes me jealous. I can't remember if I have some old 82-83 rear speakers that go into that 1/4 panel behind the door.
On my 78, I used some expanding foam in them after I ran speaker wires in there.
There isn't any sound deadening in them to speak of so they can sound kinda 'tinny' when you slam the doors and such. And there isn't much heat protection from the engine/exhaust too.

If I remember right, There was/is an ol place to get the weatherstripping to "Scott's Old Rubber" (I know, I know.. Doesn't sound that cool) I'll try and find the link.

E

Last edited:
Just EXCELLENT! Love the old Mugen rims..
For lowering, the springs are gonna give you fits trying to adapt smaller dia springs in there.. Not a whole lot can be done if you use the stock strut. You can look into digging through some supplier catalogs to see which inserts can be used and cut/shorten and re-weld perches to make them shorter. You just have to keep that little 'notch' in relation to that bolt hole.

Look into the 88-91 Prelude rear brake assy and lower control arms to that can be fabbed into the rear support. If there is one in a yard near you just lay under there and study it. If I remember right, the whole thing unbolts from the bottom of the Prelude.
I wonder if you can get away from the stock prop valve too. Maybe a 40/40 one from a teg?
I think that the mid-late 80 Accord front brakes will swap also.

Glad to see the progress.. makes me jealous. I can't remember if I have some old 82-83 rear speakers that go into that 1/4 panel behind the door.
On my 78, I used some expanding foam in them after I ran speaker wires in there.
There isn't any sound deadening in them to speak of so they can sound kinda 'tinny' when you slam the doors and such. And there isn't much heat protection from the engine/exhaust too.

If I remember right, There was/is an ol place to get the weatherstripping to "Scott's Old Rubber" (I know, I know.. Doesn't sound that cool) I'll try and find the link.

E
thanks for the info, and for lowering right now its sitting on ebay coilovers for a crx lol, but i dont like that its gona ride like crap. so im just gona cut the stock springs. ive never cut the springs before so i hope a measure it correct lol.

im just gona cut the stock springs. ive never cut the springs before so i hope a measure it correct lol.

I cut my old HondaSport spring (long ago) and I just cut a coil off on the dead side of the coil (not sure if you knew to do that) It gave me a 1/4" or so but I'm not saying yours will be similar. If it was me.....I would cut one coil (or two) on the front and then install to check. Otherwise....maybe use a fabric measuring tape roll for the arc of the coils?

With those HUGE springs in them, You may have to weld some collars about an inch from the bottom spring perch to hold it vertical.
If you were to cut the loops off the top, it might mess up your alignment.
I've got a O L D aftermarket set of 81 accord rear springs that that might work for you. They were supposed to lower about 1.5. I think they're in my gallery.
E

well for now im lookin into some capri springs, just got to make sure they will fit and lower it correctly

Looks great, man! Hope to see some more reassembly updates! :)

You can still use a smaller dia spring. Just weld a 2" pipe that fills in the id of the springs and weld down into the spring perch. THat way the spring will not slide any and still keep it straight up.
UP top, you can use a hat that that particular spring came with. You may have to redrill some holes though.
E

slowly getting there got to put the interior in and thats bout it,
001-14.jpg

005-10.jpg

007-3.jpg

006-4.jpg

002-19.jpg

vid are deff coming next because my gauge cluster is awesome lol

Back