anothr rwd v8 civic.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so far the shaft works perfect he told me.

the driveshaft is out of a mustang
lildj2483 : the yoke is from the mustang also
lildj2483 : the transmission im using is out of a ford e150 van and the rear yoke. the one that bolts to the rearend is the only other part off the mazda besides the rearend

Last edited:
its an oem driveshaft for the 83 mustang. but the flange on the back is off the mazda b4000 the reason i changed the flange is because the mustang flange is to small because the mustang rearend is the 7.5 and my rearend is a 8.8

ok well heres an update. the whole subframe needs to be moved back around 2 inchs. i dont know if we just measured wrong or if it was due to the fact that this car was wrecked in the front. even the oem front end was out of whack. so im just going to unbolt it and then just move it back some and then just drill a hole in the frame and put a long bolt. i will update more later

2007b07.jpg

33b1euu.jpg

2mquwj9.jpg

all i have left to do with the front crossmember is make the brackes for the front 2 bolts. i made the rear top bolts work. i drilled clear through the frame and put some 1/2X7 bolts through the frame. and as for the 3rd pic i just thought that was funny.

well tomorrow im going to work on finishing up the front cross member and get to work on the transmission cross member. once i get done with that i will work on putting some sheet metal back. i will try to have more pictures up tomorrow. i also going to take some more aluminup auto parts to the scrap like a d15b7 block. 96 civic auto transmission and a ranger transmission. i want to have atleast all the fab work done by the end of this week soo.

well heres an update. everything is done in he front and back. all i have left is to finish welding the transmission crossmember. im also starting on working on the motor and sheet metal and i also converted the front mustang suspension from 4lugs to 5lugs... tomorrow i should have lots of pix of the car. im going to pull it out into the road on level ground and take plenty of pix for yall. and before i put the front of the car down im going to take a pic of the transmission crossmember.

well after i finish the transmission crossmember its all up to when the motor will be done. im only going to really worry about a cover over the driveshaft so i dont have to worry about it itting me if it pops off. then im going to test it and if it holds up then perfect lol. but im also designing some body braces to help strenghten up the body from where it was cut down the center.

Shopping list:

Flat black paint

Moonies with fat white wall tires.. or do that "steel wheel restore" that was in another thread floating around here.. That would be cool, and free.

Source a couple of bench seats that'll fit.. Mismatched, of course.

Oh, while digging around rat rod stuff, I found this little gem:
hondazcar%20001%20(4)%20(Small).jpg

If they could get the front wheels / suspension to match the rear, that would be one bad little bitch!

well the paint is going flat black.the rims on the back that are white will also be painted black. the civic seats are going back into it. im going to modify the guage cluster to hold a few guages in there. there will be no speedometer. i would have to change the tail housing on the transmission and put that plastic gear inside of it in other to put a speedometer. but my gps will work just fine as it has no limit on the speed haha. well i already got my first race lined up haha. my buddy has an rx7 he is putting a stock 302 into it worse and way older than mine haha. and thinks his car will have big balls. so im going to show him his car wont do squat haha. i know his car will be slow. see mine technically matches. in a way. but his wont match because he is using the factory rx7 open diff with the front diff mount broken and a 5 speed trans out of a tbird sc with the wrong clutch kit,haha. i can go on and on about his but long story short. his is already rearwhee drive and mine fwd to rwd civic conversion will be done way before his haha.

wow thats a az600 isnt it im willing to bet that they never got a engine in it as the bays are so small in those things

and with the front springs cut down 1 coil it still looks like my civic still doesnt have amotor in is because of how high it is haha.
hey 97 hatch i love your signature thats hilarious

yes but you changed the front suspension that old az600 still has the stock stuff on it from looking at the pic and the engine and trans in that thing only weighs like 115lbs total it came with a 600cc air cooled engine just like on a motorcycle

lol i didnt say anything about that az600. it looks weird,lol tomorrow im going to cut my springs down just a little bit more to lower the front some more maybe.

Good lord, best thread ever. Just as I thought redneck was at it's peak of awesomeness, you stepped it up a notch. +rep

Back