anothr rwd v8 civic.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

oh and yes i do have skinny tires on it right now. only because i moved it from the back yard to the front yard. because the wide tires r flat right now. needs valve stems

Best build ever.
I absolutely cannot wait to see this thing tear shit up.
Best of luck!

i can honestly say that i am impressed...it looks like your doing well..+ rep for that..
and your following through with your plans..unlike 99.9% of the other RWD/V8/SKYLINE SWAP asshates out there..
goodluck and congrats

thanks. i think im about to have to hold off for a week. we have a week full of bad weather about to hit. i wish i had a building to work in.then i could control the climate and i would have been done. i was lookin at something and thinking i have been working on this thing only under a month,haha. not bad for not having any money haha. im gong to need one big ass hood scoop haha. i will just see if i can make one somehow,lol and the back of the car is sitting all its weight on the rear tires. im going to try and get as much done as possible before it rains. imagine seeing that big ass plenum sticking out of the hood haha that would be funny.

oh and with the motor up that high i have to go back to the reverse headers because it wont clear the steering by the firewall/bulkhead.. honestly i think its retarded they call that damn thing the bulk head. its not on a boat,haha. i hope i can get most of it done before the rain gets here. and yall will make fun of my welding skills but ohwell they work thats all that matters lol

well the rain started today so looks like i wont have anything done for around 7 days until this shyt quits. i cant wait to get it done. they had some numbnuts stoped and told me he will give me 100 for it as it sits i just laughed at him,lol. i wonder how much this car will be worth when im done with it. i hope to open a buisness for working on cars and customizing them. i mean sure i need to learn to weld better. but i suck with stick welding anyways. i pick up alot of salvage cars and usually take them to the scrap. i just recently picked up a 96 chevy corsica it has the 4 cylinder but i would like to make it rwd with a chevy small block or carburated 4.3. that would be sweet as well. imma build all these cars i can haha. this rain needs to hurry up its going to stall my project bigtime. that idiot with that 00 prelude changed his mind when i got there with my tow truck because his cousin said he could fix it for 50 bucks. like i said it will need alot of working being it was a katrina flood car with salt water,lol. ohwell i will find another.

im on the s gulf coast. well it was raining earlier but it shows rain for the next 7 days for sure on the news. this bites

well it turned out not to be raining today. so im going to be getting more work done. who thinks i should go with fuel injection and who thinks i should go with a carb?
im going to be working on the steering so i know where exactly i can sit the motor. to see if i can lower it some.

Get it running with a carb first. That will be the fastest way to get it running. You can convert to injection later.

Well then there is your answer...you are trying to do this cheap so go with what you got.

well the fuel injection fuel tank fits beautiful into the trunk. after i finish the rearend im going to make a bracket to hold it into place. got the motor mounts made. they r retarded but ohwell,lol i will pull the motor so i can finish welding and making the motor mount braces.then finish the transmission mount then i need to take the rack and pinin off that mustang and make the brackets to hold it onto the civic. then finish the steering then run all the needed wires and fuel lines and should be easy after that,lol

oh and on a side note does anyone need a 4.6 97 mustang gt engine and everything needed to do a swap except a guage cluster and ignition key? it has 412hp has everything from the ecu to the wiring to the column even the air intake with a 80mm mass air flow. if so message me.

ya, if you have the COMPLETE fuel injection setup, run that, but you know you need the computer, wiring harness, sensors, fuel rail, inectors, etc...

Post the engine setup in the For Sale section.

yes i know i need all that. im not stupid haha. i got some 24lb hr injectors off my 4x4 truck. they r stock injectors thats what im going to use. i can get any ecu i want for free and the in car harness i need for next to nothing.i have the engine harness.i just need the dash harness. tobad the 4.6 dash harness wouldnt work haha. imma try that and see.

well i hate to say it but im actually stuck.. im going to mount the 88 lincoln mark7 fuel tank under the trunk so this way i can still have my trunk haha. but im stuc on the motor mount situation. anyone have any ideas or suggestion......my only 2 ideas wont work to well. im going to be working on ther things until i come up with something for the motor mounts.
i think im going to just see about using an entire front subframe from a mustang and make it work. i measured it. it will be to close to call until its held in place under the front. then i will have 5 lug wheels all the way around.

nice build man, i got a 96 civic coupe for $340 and have been thinking about doing this. please dont quit, i would love to see this build finished.

i do have a question though...
what are you going to do about the front spindles to keep the hubs in place?

Back