anothr rwd v8 civic.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Those damn Preludes should have been RWD cars anyhow.

i know. it looks perfect sitting in this guys back yard. with 4 flats. still has the stinky raunchy mud in the carpet. needs to be gutted and rebuilt so why not make it rwd. but this time im going to go with a chevy engine,haha. well tomorrow i am going to take more pics i am going to weld up the rearend and the rear shocks. so that will be done then i will put the rearend together. im thinking about using either 308 gears or 327 i will probaby go with the 308s havent decided yet. haha well im off.

when I blew the engine in the Si I had very brief thoughts of stuffing my 500+ horse 355 small block in it. But it would have made my Camaro jealous and me broke in too many ways more than one.

ok well got some frame work in the back done that will be holding the rear coilovers. my damn rods just kept burning through i had to put an aditional brace. yall are going to either laugh or tell me i need to learn to weld. or maybe even both. but i have welded a few things before and they have always held sooo. im going to run a couple more braces on the rear coilover bracket to make sure it dont go anywheres. i will put up some pix of it tomorrow. im too tired right now. tomorrow im going to finish the brackets and weld up the rearend

i have a generator that is also a welder. so it runs on gasoline,haha. the civic had a quater of a tank of gas when i got it. so that gas went into the welder haha. sofar i have only 85 dollars into it. and thats everything. haha

well. i was willing to give up. i got alot going on right now. and i just lost my inspiration i guess you could say but. i guess i will finish it. just to prove to alot of people i can do it. well i will have more pics later. its starting to rain right now. so theres not much i can do.

Yeah dont puss out this far along, atleast get it done so you can launch it and twist the hell out of it, go out in style. :D

well it stopped raining so im going to do some more work inside of the car. im going to see about mounting the rear coilovers on the bracket and for the transmission also. will have pix later.

imma run it a couple of times up and down the street to make sure everything is all good. then imma just launch and see if it pulls straight and to see if it will twist or not. if it does then ohwell im supposed to go pick up that 00 prelude for 200 bucks and that will be my next project.

hello and i'm new to the site, looks like you boys do it a bit different in the us? swaps i mean, is that being done in a barn>/?

no this is not being done in a barn. its in my back yard. cant you see in the pics there is no barn haha.

Don't give up man, we may not comment after every post, but we all wanna see this beast when it's done. Any pics you got would be awesome...

oh i know yall wont post after every comment. well if i can get another cell today i will take more pics my cell got broken yesterday. forgot it ontop the car when it rained and now it just keeps saying battery is required when i turn it on with only the batter powering it. i think it went retarded or something,haha.

well i got the rearend welded up. now i just have to put it together and weld up the mounts for the shocks. then the rear section will be done. i have to change over the rear flange on the driveshaft for the driveshaft to bolt up. then i will work on the mounts in the front. i hope to have some pics up tomorrow of the recent work. well peoples i got my inspiration back so i will be working more on it. ehehe well later

well i now have the whole rearend all welded and bolted up. i even have the rear struts all bolted and brackets welded up. in a little while i am going to put the rearend together then work on theengine mounts and transmission mount so i can put the car all the way on its own wheels. i think i am going to have to use a mustang rack and pinion though. will update later but until then here is 2 pics for now.
fxt9qx.jpg

i will put up the other pic as soon as i can get it to load so i can put it on here

Back