anothr rwd v8 civic.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well the 5.0 is locked up for some reason which i will find out later. so my mustang gt 4.6 engine will be getting its chace to see how she fits. measurements are good. my welder is still down right now. so between the weather and the welder being down. not much i can do right now except plan things. im not going to lie what i should have done was planned every little detail out before i started. it would have been alot better but im knee deep into it now i should say haha. well will have an update about the 4.6 fitment.

Screw it. Use this as a learning experience for the next one. Its coming along great for the lack of detailed planning. If you found a decent 92-96 prelude that'd be sick. They HAVE to be made RWD as much as they look like Supras.

^^ Preludes were designed looking like a rwd. It's unfortunate they aren't!! There would be a lot more of them on the road I'm sure...
I was checking out the underside of my 01, its like they want it to be rwd'd... massive tunnel for the exhaust and shift linkages (like way too big for said parts to ever fill it), and the bottom of the trunk looks like it can be removed as one big "box", which would completely open up the rear-bottom of the car....

Long live the rwd-v8 conversion.

2ro046o.jpg

22hpwn.jpg

2usfjwp.jpg

4rqgyu.jpg

here is a few recent pics with the 4.6 in it. im going to start on the box frame pretty soon. and will make the motor mounts and rack and pinion bolt off of that. this 4.6 fits so much better then the 5.0 does. well enjoy the pix will have more updates later. oh and with the t45 transmission behind it. i will have to customize a driveshaft this time. but i think i can handle it.

That hood looks badass, like the motor's just busting it's way out. You should leave it exactly like that, such a sweet rat rod.

for the correct gt harness its going to cost me between 3 and 8 hundred dollars
this engine has 412 and almost 450 ft lbs of tourqe i was told by the builder. cant reember the exact torque.

800 bucks, shit you could buy a standalone management system for that kinda coin. You sure you can't find one in a junkyard, or is 300 bucks the junkyard price?

but it has to be for a 96-98 mustang gt with the T45 transmission and the 4.6. i called every single junkyard within 50 miles and cant find squat

i mean i have a wiring harness to run the motor but its not the gt harness. it wont perform like its suppsed to. my friend would hit speeds of 160 no problem. with his 03 cobra motor he currently has 700 hp and can hit 170 in 5th gear and still has 1more gear left.

800 bucks, shit you could buy a standalone management system for that kinda coin. You sure you can't find one in a junkyard, or is 300 bucks the junkyard price?

Yes i would look into an aftermarket sms.

you cant do a custom harness???
this thing is badass..you should do a cowl hood..im soo pumped to see it run..

no i cant do a custom harness it has that pats setup on it. that anti theft garbage. i can get it turned off for 400 dollars when they reprogram the ecu though. but fk that. im working on the frame setup rightnow. running from the front to the back bracing up the car. designing my own tube frame because i know this thing will deff twist the car. going to call tomorrow and see how much some 2 inch tubing at a local steel place. oh and i plan on putting a cowl on it. that would look sweet..... this hood is garbage anywas thats y i cut it up like that haha.

ohok..well goodluck on the whole harness thing..keep up the goodwork and keep going with updates

i just found a wrecked 97 gt almost like my friends that i got this motor from. well he only wants 50 bucks for the dash harness. imma go check it out this weekend and see what else i can get off this car if not the whole body haha.

Back