arctic blast of cold coming

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

6 degrees here. Real feel of -20 though with 20 mph winds. Woke me the fuck up. Driver's door was frozen shut. Had to climb in through the passenger's.

i have that problem when i don't remote start the veloster :/

This morning I had to remember to unplug my engine block heater before I opened the garage door, otherwise it would have been too cold in the garage for me.

ph34r.gif

8 degrees, feels like -11 here in Meriden....house was all nice and toasty at a nice 72 degrees this morning with the Harman pouring heat out like a beast...

then i stepped out side and my left nut got stuck to the side of my thigh......

car dash reported 4 degrees this morning. car almost didnt start lol. windchill was like -10 last night.

my 4 year old battery (original OEM) might be to blame for that though. only has a problem when it's REALLY cold.

wat i dont even.
When it's warm my car starts right up. When it's really cold it cranks a few times before it turns over. The remote start will crank it 3 or 4 times. That's not long enough in the cold. Probably something I can adjust, but I rarely remember to use the auto start, let alone look into this issue.

-12 when I woke up this morning, windchill something like -39. Probably got around 17 inches of snow between New Years and Sunday. I love it though.

Only downside is that the kids xmas vacation was extended for 2 more days.

In the sun its tolerable but damn it still cold.

I am glad my fiance finally got a new battery in her civic. The thing was 6 years old and the car barely turned over in 15 degree weather last week.

We're up to -1 currently. Supposed to be 15 tomorrow and around 40 by Saturday.

Oddly the truck wouldn't go into gear the other day. It was around 0 degrees. It doesn't have an actual shifter. It's an electronic knob on the dash like a radio control. Wife called and it was stuck in Park. Once she let it run for another 20 minutes it was fine, and it hasn't happened since. Seems like it's a problem waiting to happen though.

Also I've decided to buy a snow blower before next winter. Most likely a blower attachment for the tractor. Thought about it this year but we've had pretty mild winters the last few years. Driveway is a single car wide but about 130 feet from street to garage and I'm apparently not getting any younger. Shoveled twice yesterday and I'm pretty stiff and sore today.

I was woken up this morning at 5:30 to one of master bedroom windows shattering from uneven thermo expansion. Only cracked the inside pane. Now I have to get that fixed.

I would get the snow blower.

Do you windows have a warranty? If they don't many glass shops can repair the glass for a fraction of a replacement window.

Snow blowers are great. I actually did my house and 2 neighbors in about an hour. And 2 of those are corner lots. Great way to get some beer for just a little gas and time, haha.

I figure I can sit on the tractor AND drink a beer at the same time. The blower attachment is a 42" 2 stage setup.

Back