Are we ALONE?

What are your opinions

• yes...there are to many stars with planets, and some planets can produce life...and intellegence.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not sure....Scully keeps Moulder in the dark!!! Lucky baste

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
I think we are not alone....
too many stars at night, and our sun is a star, and there are planets around our star, and our 3rd rock contains life.....there has to be other planets out there that has the same life providing, evolution creating, living beings that might have advanced as fast as us to be able to propel ourselves from a cliff to glide...to sending a man to the moon only 65 years later.....IMHO.....science killed religion.

4 pages tops... :p

Damn it..I mixed up the yes and no poll answers.......computer >my intellegence

**edit** fixed poll
-TrailorParkPimp

According to the astromy class I took...

There are 10^22 Stars in the Universe.

Thats 10 to the 22nd power or 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars.

One in a million is like our sun. (10^16)

One in a million of these has a similar planetary system. (10^10)

One in a million have a planet like earth. (10^4)

Meaning, if you belive in science as I do.
There should be about 10,000 planets in the Universe that are capable of sustaining life. Now the process on earth that created life was not all that complicated (becasue of the planet we live on).

So I figure at least SOME of these 10,000 that could support life, have developed it.

The universe is like 13.2 Billion years old, and our planet is only 5.5 billion years. Human life isn't even in the millions of years.

So yea, I think there must be very advanced civilizations somewhere.

Originally posted by Hexen@Nov 20 2003, 05:56 PM

We all know you paid attention in astronomy, but you must have fallen asleep in English... <_<

i am not related to a monkey.

God created us, he said he did, and God does not lie because God is truth.

Some mod please change the yes to a no and the no to a yes...if possible....

or change the title to "We are not alone...."

Thanks

i think we are not alone. as big as the universe is (i personally believe it to be infinite in size) its almost statistically impossible that we are the only ones out there. and with all the controversy over UFO's and government conspiracies, theres no way that its all in everyones heads. i dont think religion belongs in this thread though. but to anyone who wants to argue big bang and evolution vs creationism. has anyone thought of the possibility that both could be partly true? what if God was the cause of the Big Bang, then sat back and watched everything evolve? to me this seems like a nice compromise. has the involvement of a higher power and science. there now everyone's happy :)

Originally posted by Hexen@Nov 20 2003, 05:56 PM
There should be about 10,000 planets in the Universe that are capable of sustaining life.

I completely agree with everything you said, but don't agree to having life limited to what we know it as. Who's to say that life couldn't exist on Jupiter, for example? Perhaps great gasseous bags similar to the Man Of War jellyfish could float about in the atmosphere. Or Mars... Through evolution, beings could develop photosynthasis similar to plants and use that as a form of breathing- instead of air to cleanse the blood, they use sunlight...

To think that every living creature has to be carbon based and need a mixture of oxygen and other chemicals to life is pretty narrow. :)

who cares? if "they" are really out htere, i dont give a fuck as long as they don't shit on my parade.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Nov 20 2003, 06:01 PM

God created us, he said he did, and God does not lie because God is truth.

do you know that the DNA between a human and a chimpanzee is like 99% the same? its one fucking gene off. and then with the similarities in body structure, behavior, etc., its hard to not see how we could have evolved from them. read what i said in my previous post.

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Nov 20 2003, 03:00 PM-->
@Nov 20 2003, 05:56 PM

We all know you paid attention in astronomy, but you must have fallen asleep in English... <_<

Someone has nothing better to do that find typos.

I'd hate to sit around and have the highlight of my day be finding people spell the word Astronomy wrong.

Read This. You're 99.4% Related to them.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Nov 20 2003, 06:04 PM-->
There should be about 10,000 planets in the Universe that are capable of sustaining life.

I completely agree with everything you said, but don't agree to having life limited to what we know it as. Who's to say that life couldn't exist on Jupiter, for example? Perhaps great gasseous bags similar to the Man Of War jellyfish could float about in the atmosphere. Or Mars... Through evolution, beings could develop photosynthasis similar to plants and use that as a form of breathing- instead of air to cleanse the blood, they use sunlight...

To think that every living creature has to be carbon based and need a mixture of oxygen and other chemicals to life is pretty narrow. :)

they did find life on mars. tiny fossilized bacteria :)

ok, we will leave religion out of it, but only to a point, because you can see God in more than just "religion".

one word, Entropy.

entropy says that everything goes from a state of order to a state of chaos. its been proven. nothing can go from a state of chaos to a state of order without an outside force acting on it.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Nov 20 2003, 03:04 PM-->

I meant intelligent life. Life which is aware that it is alive.

I'm sure there is life such as plants and animals on other planets.
We evolved to this planet, I'm not saying it's imposible to evolve to another environment.

the only thing i have against Hexen's arguments is that i think theres WAYYY more planets and stars then that. lol.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Nov 20 2003, 06:09 PM
they did find life on mars. tiny fossilized bacteria :)

thats untrue, they found water inside of rocks that were from mars, and the assumption was made that if there is water in the rocks there could be life.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Nov 20 2003, 06:11 PM
ok, we will leave religion out of it, but only to a point, because you can see God in more than just "religion".

one word, Entropy.

entropy says that everything goes from a state of order to a state of chaos. its been proven. nothing can go from a state of chaos to a state of order without an outside force acting on it.

and thats why the entire universe is in chaos. nothing is in order. hence nothing outside the universe is acting on it.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Nov 20 2003, 06:14 PM-->
saturn_boy96
@Nov 20 2003, 06:11 PM

one word, Entropy.

and thats why the entire universe is in chaos. nothing is in order. hence nothing outside the universe is acting on it.

which is why evolution is impossible.

Back