b16 89 crx wont rev more than 3000 rpms any ideas?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delsol_racer

ok so we have a jdm b16a in a 89 crx si i belive
it wont rev more than 3000 rpms we changed tha dizzy and did tha same we are throwing a few codes i think 6,9,10
6 i know is tha temp sensor. its hooked up so idk y its throwing tha code ima try revesring tha wires and see what happens then im gonna replace it.
9 is cylinder pistion sensor #1 i dont know y its thorwing it and i dont know how to resolve it. i herd tha sensor in in tha dizzy ok thats y i got a new BRAND new one. still same thing would it be tha ecu? i know it happended im my 95 delsol tunred out to be tha ecu.
and 10 idk what i code is i forgot it but i belive its a sensor as well. we are using tha stock harness, could that be issue
dose any one have any other ideas cuz i bought tha car for 1600 and havent been able to drive it so yea not too happy.

thank you

Is your b16 obd0 or obd1? Mine would do the same thing. My problem was I tried to run an obd0 distributor with an obd1 ecu. These two are not compatable in any combination. Maybe this will help you out.

Brandon

tha motor is a obd0 and tha ecu and dizzy is all obd0 what else will control tha rps like that its a brand new dizzy and im out of ideas i know when i have tha car running and i hook up power striget to tha vtec it will revv to like 5 or 6 grand idk y but im lost.

Twitch

Well, the only thing I can think of now is that there is wiring issue. Did you do anything at the ecu? I'm pretty sure that you have to swap some wires around. Also on your tps, I'm not sure if you have to do this or not, but I had to swap the red and green wires around. I hear that it may prevent reving over 3000. Let me know how it goes. I am subscibed to this post, so I will help you as much as I can.

but tha thing it its an si os it cam mpfi instear of dpfi and if tha wires needed to be switched i think i would revvv like full throttle being tha ecu is telling it tha throttle is wide open but hell ill try it any ways dosent hurt i dont know if i have to switch wires i know i added tha vtec pressure switch and tha knock sensor
i know on tha dpfi swap u have to add tha crank sensor wires and 2 fuel wires

oh that another thing its throwing a code of 9 cylinder pisition sensor (i think i already said that) but i dont know y im gonna try another ecu or somethign i dont know

and i know im gonna go back through tha wires cuz i didnt do tha swap i bought it like that and tha guy said that tha only prolbem was that it needed a vtec ecu so i got one and hasnt worked yet so idk i hoping theres jsut a short somewhere and i can find it idk im tird

thanks what did u swap into ur hatch i have a 89 hatch with a b18 that im finish tha swap soon hopefully only wiring left for tha fuel pump and im done

I put a 2nd gen. b16 in my hatch. It was dpfi non-vtec, so you know how that went, it definately wasn't fun. Why do you need to wire up the fuel pump? But a friend and I took my DX harness and took it completely apart. We went from dpfi to mpfi, added the vtec, and de-pin and wire stuff at the ecu to make it work with obd1. I just need a distributor and a half/intermediate shaft and I'm done. Hope you get everything worked out. Talk to you later dude.

well when i did tha swap i tried to cut conners just bu adding tha wires to tha extisting harrness and switching tha wires around instead of re doing it all like i should have in tha frist place and now i just put tha 91 acura teg harrness on tha hatch and tha wires from tha fuel pump connector tha goes to tha harrness ie diffrent so i need to get tha right connector idk i kinda gave up on it its been sitting for a very long time now and hasnt rean in over a year. im going to college tha 29 of this month so im prolly just gonna sell it allthough i dont want too i just dont have time for it. cuz from here to tha 29 i have too swap motors in a camaro fix a water leak in a tercel and possibily change tha head gasket then i have to ghange tha fuel pump on a van and i work 5 days a week really i only have one day off but i sleep half tha day so i can rest for work. i just finsihed painting my delsol well my girl painted it and took all tha dents out but i helped everyday. and now ive been trying to fix tha crx be4 we go so yea i have a tight schedual. im gonna try to fit it in thoguh cuz i really dont want to sell it cuz it is my frist swap so yea i have memmories wiht that car and she has a lot of money sweat and blood tied up in it. so yea idk i just need to go to tha junk yard adn get tha wires so i can do it tha easy way. where dou live maybe ill sell you tha stuff you need.
cuz its complete just a few wires left.

peace

Back