b20 vtec???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Maybe 50 miles per imperial gallon with an ls tranny and final drive in an 1800lb car being pushed by a 40mph wind and a sail on top of it.

A b series motor doesn't weight 250lbs more than a d. There's only about a 50lb difference which would make it weigh in at 2000lbs.

Last thing I have to say is I think it is possible to take 200lbs off a crx hf to make it weight under 1800lbs with a B series swap without cutting the crap out of it.
According to this thread Honda-Tech.com: Hybrid: Finally, the TRUTH regarding K-Series vs. B-Series engine weights! the b-series motor and tranny is around 100lbs more than a d-series motor and tranny... and according to this https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/honda-acura-vehicle-chassis-weights-28662/ an 88 HF weighes 1819lbs... so that would put an 88 HF at around 1920lbs...

I'd also agree that you could easily shave some weight to get to 1800lbs however, that still doesn't change the fact that an HF that sips gas, is mated to a tranny geared to help do it, gets less MPG's than MazdaASpec's modded b-series engine in his CRX that has mated to a tranny geared for acceration (I highly doubt he's running an LS tranny).

Let's just say your average B-Series, lets say it's an integra gsr, lightly modded gets 25 mpg's. I don't care what anyone says, by just throwing that same motor in a 1800lbs car isn't gonna double the MPG's...

EDIT: Just saw that he has a 91 HF, they weigh in at 1967lbs, that would put his car around 2070lbs with the B20/Vtec. At that weight, 1800lbs seems just that much farther... Plus what ever he weighs... do able, yes, but highly unlikely...

Last edited:
Agreed.

I was just considering the engine was 50lbs heavier. Didn't take into consideration the transmission or extra weight from the halfshaft/bearing. I just assumed it was about the same.

I don't think he was taking his weight into consideration. Not race weight but car weight.

All that aside I agree 100%.

It also helps that my car weighs less the 1,800 pounds. See if you can lose weight somewhere, unless it looks really nice then leave it be and add some power. That B18c should have no problem getting the power you want, just depends how deep the pockets are and if you and some buddies have time and knowledge to piece it all together.

since u want to know to see how ma car looking like then here some picture of my car.

l_5938d5cf500056347ddb437ca3d183b7.jpg

l_c8a76128f487a1b244aa583a3c8d6d11.jpg

l_7641aed04216c424e3de0679d93d63-1.jpg

Photo-1.jpg

According to this thread Honda-Tech.com: Hybrid: Finally, the TRUTH regarding K-Series vs. B-Series engine weights! the b-series motor and tranny is around 100lbs more than a d-series motor and tranny... and according to this https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/honda-acura-vehicle-chassis-weights-28662/ an 88 HF weighes 1819lbs... so that would put an 88 HF at around 1920lbs...

I'd also agree that you could easily shave some weight to get to 1800lbs however, that still doesn't change the fact that an HF that sips gas, is mated to a tranny geared to help do it, gets less MPG's than this MazdaASpec's modded b-series engine in his CRX that has mated to a tranny geared for acceration (I highly doubt he's running an LS tranny).

Let's just say your average B-Series, lets say it's an integra gsr, lightly modded gets 25 mpg's. I don't care what anyone says, by just throwing that same motor in a 1800lbs car isn't gonna double the MPG's...

EDIT: Just saw that he has a 91 HF, they weigh in at 1967lbs, that would put his car around 2070lbs with the B20/Vtec. At that weight, 1800lbs seems just that much farther... Plus what ever he weighs... do able, yes, but highly unlikely...

totoally Agreed!!!!!

The only thing tasteful on that car is the color and since it's on that car it was a waste of good paint.

But it doesn't matter what I think as long as RWD_CRX_06 likes it is all that matters

Here's a car that was built in good taste ( eg. non ricer. Ok maybe the wheels...) ;-)

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

Last edited:
LS/Vtec
12:1 compression JE pistons
Eagle rods
Cometic 0.051" head gasket to lower compression to that
stock 81mm bore
Skunk2 Pro Intake manifold and 68mm throttle body
Hondata IM gasket
GSR head
Skunk2 Pro valve springs
Skunk2 retainers
Skunk2 Stage 3 cams
AEM tru time cam gears
Type R oil/water pumps
GSR tranny
11lb flywheel
Stage 2 exedy clutch
I have a polished ss hytech header waiting to go on
P28 Chipped by me running crome on an ostrich eprom emulator
LC-1 wide band with o meter

Picture was taken before the cams and headwork so you won't see cam gears.

The whole body of the car is stock but the front emblem was shaved and the side rub strips are painted. Fresh paint last winter. Oh and the painted ricer mirrors :) I didn't put them or the wheels on.

Last edited:
Nice build, yuck to the wheels though lol... i'm not feeling the head lights either though... but that motor isn't a bad peice of work :)

LS/Vtec
12:1 compression JE pistons
Eagle rods
Cometic 0.051" head gasket to lower compression to that
stock 81mm bore
Skunk2 Pro Intake manifold and 68mm throttle body
Hondata IM gasket
GSR head
Skunk2 Pro valve springs
Skunk2 retainers
Skunk2 Stage 3 cams
AEM tru time cam gears
Type R oil/water pumps
GSR tranny
11lb flywheel
Stage 2 exedy clutch
I have a polished ss hytech header waiting to go on
P28 Chipped by me running crome on an ostrich eprom emulator
LC-1 wide band with o meter

Picture was taken before the cams and headwork so you won't see cam gears.

The whole body of the car is stock but the front emblem was shaved and the side rub strips are painted. Fresh paint last winter. Oh and the painted ricer mirrors :) I didn't put them or the wheels on.

Nice build, how much hp u got on the ls/vtec ?

Not 100% sure yet. Still have to get it tuned.

The butt dyno likes it though and it hauls pretty good all the way to 9k. I won't take it any higher than that.

Yup the Skunk2 manifold really does make me feel good. I feel like Ron Jeremy in the locker room when I open the hood.. haha.

so are you just looking for some power to make up for all the extra weight you put on the car, to get it back up to stock figures?

yoyo guys i was wonder if i can put t3/t4 turbo up to 380 hp @ 12 psi with fully stock engine with p28 ecu chippin boost will be fine with it ???

Back