Best Car for 6-8k

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Jun 24 2004, 03:10 PM

Sounds like I drive a Del Sol and every car in my driveway is 1.5-2.5L 4cyl 5spd...and I know what the hell a four cylinder car is like.

I thought you said you had a Del Sol already, which is why I said:
Del sol + DOHC VTEC + Turbo = Problem solved.

You were right about the Sol part but I have the 1.5L SOHC NON VTEC S model, with just over 125k on it now, rust over the rear wheel well like hell and its been hit atleast 3 different times.

For the record, over the past week I've literally had a good dozen or so deer run out infront of me. Just tonight two cut across right infront of me at different times. The SOL lives on, however.

Originally posted by jimporsche86@Jun 24 2004, 10:33 PM
Porsche

I did think about like a 198x porsche before too but that wouldnt have all the modern conviences I dont think and probably wouldnt be much faster or ride better than the 300zx

Seriously though whats a realistic model of a porsche that I could get for that much? All I can see is like a 1989 944 with 100k on it... I dont even know how well they perform for a 4cyl, 4cyl's back in the late 80's arent what they are now a days.

initial D
AE86
If I wanted another headache I would buy this, I want a rear wheel drive car bad.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Jun 25 2004, 01:48 AM
Seriously though whats a realistic model of a porsche that I could get for that much? All I can see is like a 1989 944 with 100k on it... I dont even know how well they perform for a 4cyl, 4cyl's back in the late 80's arent what they are now a days.

I bought my 944 for $5000 put a strut brace on it, sway bars on it and they handle very good. As for performance they don't run bad they run good around 2000-4000 rpm mine has over 200k and i still run the piss out of it. It gets around 34 mpg on the highway & somewhere around 20-25 mpg in town. As for maintenance they are expensive to work on BUT you never have to work on them.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Jun 24 2004, 10:24 PM-->
NotUrAverage_Si
@Jun 24 2004, 03:10 PM

Sounds like I drive a Del Sol and every car in my driveway is 1.5-2.5L 4cyl 5spd...and I know what the hell a four cylinder car is like.

You were right about the Sol part but I have the 1.5L SOHC NON VTEC S model, with just over 125k on it now, rust over the rear wheel well like hell and its been hit atleast 3 different times.

For the record, over the past week I've literally had a good dozen or so deer run out infront of me. Just tonight two cut across right infront of me at different times. The SOL lives on, however.

deer suck.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si+Jun 25 2004, 10:46 AM-->
Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Jun 24 2004, 10:24 PM
NotUrAverage_Si
@Jun 24 2004, 03:10 PM

deer suck.

Yeah and I have no collision on my car. My girlfriend lives up near Lake Wallenpaupack in Pennsylvania, if any of you know where that is...and basically she lives in a lakeside estates type deal and the deer are protected. They fucking run around EVERYWHERE and love to jump across the main row when you're leaving the place. I keep joking to my girlfriend's mom and her that I'm going to hit one (cuz her mom is a real animal person and would like die if I did) and I keep telling them how I've been braking for them. I'm driving my girlfriend yesterday and low and behold, both on the way in to town and the way out of town deer jumped out infront of me. One crossed the road and I started to go again and it immediately cut back and ran across the other way. She was hysterical telling me they were teasing me. Fuckers

GTi with about 80k-120k will be in the 6-7k range

what about a grand prix GTP 2dr?

supercharged V6 that makes aboout 240hp and is pretty good at conering. these can be had for 5k-7k easy

BTW, being that I'm a not a mechanic by any means...do you think its smart to possibly be buying an older car like the porsche? I wouldnt mind working on a car, but I have no idea how to go about it for the most part and I dont have any special tools.

Why not....I gotta assume, like corvettes, people who have porshes, for the most parts..take care of them considering they are $$$$$$.....Cars like that people take care of...but you know there are always those people who beat the living piss outta cars...

There are alot fo Porshes in that link i sent that have under 80k miles, which i would think is nothing to those cars...shop around...

fuck a porsche.

basically, it comes down to this.
if you can afford it, its a hunk of shit.

Bahhh, don't listen to Brian, he's a grumpy bastard, I'd rather have an $8k 944 Porshe turbo then a $8k GTI or Grand Prix

i'd rather take that 8k and spend it on heroin instead of driving either of those cars

and i don't do drugs

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Jun 25 2004, 01:40 PM
Bahhh, don't listen to Brian, he's a grumpy bastard, I'd rather have an $8k 944 Porshe turbo then a $8k GTI or Grand Prix

Theres no way in my area, that I'll be able to get a turbo charged porsche around 6-7k. A 944 non turbo okay, and probably not a 928...but the turbo charged model seems to cost so much more.

Back