Bought an 11ft. Burmese Python- It Bit me!- Pictures

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My friends breed Ball Pythons. I thought they said most Pythons are very cautious about what they bite. I guess it was just the Balls. They've been breeding them for years and only Mike has been bit. He was literally seeing if a small Ball would bite. He didn't do anything bad but like waving his hand in front of its face and stuff. He learned they will.

Then my friend Fernando has 2 Balls. Monty and Mitch. Obviously very original names.... Monty is a bitch but if you let Mitch sit on your neck it would give a great massage.

burms are a little more aggressive than balls. Snakes are kind of like people, though, some have better/worse temperments than others. I got my first two snakes at the same time, Natasha didn't care what you did when she was around your neck, and she wasn't jumpy at all. Calypso on the other hand, she was always kind of withdrawn, on defense if you know what I mean. You just have to get to kow the snake, I'm sure EF's burm will be alright, but you have to think, the day they got him/her might not have been the best day to try to feed it. It can be pretty traumatizing to be moved in the first place, then to have food thrown in the mix with a bunch of strange people standing around, it's no wonder Ms. EF got bitten.

But feeding it in a different enclosure will drastically cut down on the feeding bites I think. That, and ALWAYS wash your hands if you've been holding a rat, snakes generally go by smell.

Ive always been an animal lover, but yeah its not like you can take it for walks in the park, teach it to do tricks and such, its still a pretty cool pet though.

I'll check here in a bit to see if i still have the Terrerium i made for my iguana, it was 6ft wide 7 feet deep and 8 feet high with places he could lay under lamps or whatever, i think i still have it but im not sure.

Yeah I know you need to feed them in a different enclosure than what they are housed in. And Blanco the tapping idea is very good, I will defienitly have to do that. I will get some more pics of it tomorrow, as you cant handle them a few days after they have eaten.

personally im just not a big fan of "pets" that cant understand or differentiate between "source of food" and "food source"

a friend of mine when i was in high school had 2 monitor lizards (dont remember what kind exactly) he had them in a big ass custom cage he built for them... they started getting pretty damn big and a lot more aggressive... then they stopped looking at him as their "source of food" and started looking at him as a possible "food source"... he got rid of them shortly after one of them attacked him

if that snake had went after me, me and my friends would have been eating grilled python later on that night :D

at any rate... glad you're ok... be careful... with a big ass snake like that it would probably be in your best interest to get some books on keeping snakes as pets and such and talk to some people who are knowledgeable about keeping big snakes... an 11 footer isnt exactly the snake you want to be learning on

You've got restraint. If that happened to me, that bastard would be on my dinner plate shortly after.

Yeah Ive been doing quite a bit of research on them, the only difference in taking care of this guy and our little Ball is that this guy needs a bigger cage...a lot bigger. I understand that any "pet" wether it be a cat or an 11ft python is a wild animal, has teeth, and there is always the possibility of it attacking you. And Im not all too sure if this guy is really 11ft or not, I havent had him all the way strecthed out yet, but I would say he is more like 7-8ft, and its only 2! :eek:

well just in case ;)

Deli Ostrich - Recipes » Fried Python

Recipes » Fried Python

serve 4 persons
Take
600 gr Python fillet or 800 gr Python bone in
1 cup sherry
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp season-all
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
some flour
Marinate pieces of snake in the mixture of sherry, pepper, lemon juice and Italian dressing for about 2 hours. Drain and turn pieces into flour. Fry pieces for about 12 minutes and turn often untill brown. Serve hot.

Did you bite the fucker back and ask him how he liked it?

I did that to my dog! He likes to play tug with my arm, so when he bit down hard enough to break skin, I bit his paw back until he yelped. Now he doesn't bite that hard, and he makes sure he gives kisses if he is going to grab on to my arm/hand.

I am not sure I would try that with a snake though...

I told Byron yesterday after the bite- I hope you do understand what we are going to be eating for the next 2 weeks- He got sad..
My leg is bruised pretty bad today. When it happened i hardly felt it cause i was in panic mode. I could hardly stand after it happened because of how bad my legs were shaking. I was a big girl and didn't cry- I was more pissed that i just spent $100 on it and the bastard ate my legs! :shocked:

moresnake023.jpg

moresnake024.jpg

moresnake026.jpg

moresnake027.jpg

Back