Brad's CRX Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I warmed up my car for about 5 mins (not near normal temp) and I went underneath it. I could grab the end of the header and after the cat, but the cat was almost too hot to touch. I'm gutting it out tomorrow. I guess the extra heat is from friction?

The exhaust gases stay inside the cat for longer, and the material inside the cat retains more heat would be my guess.

sounds like your running a little rich and the exhaust gases that get stuck in the cat are being burnt in the cat...just make sure you have another to replace it with for emissions(if you have such thing)
your car will probably shoot flames a little bit when the cat is cutout lol

No emissions here. I gutted it out but now it looks like it will bottle neck. If thats the case I have all the tools to make a test pipe. :)

100_4091.jpg

100_4093.jpg

100_4095.jpg

Cant you get decent cash for the stuff inside the cat? Or is it just the shell of the cat that fetches good money at the scrap yards? Something about a rare-ish metal in them for the catalyzing.

Cant you get decent cash for the stuff inside the cat? Or is it just the shell of the cat that fetches good money at the scrap yards? Something about a rare-ish metal in them for the catalyzing.
Right, that's why I saved it in a bucket. :) I probably won't fetch much cash compared to a cat, say, from a one ton Chev truck but maybe $20, I have no idea. :dunno:

Ethan, I'll try for a vid tomorrow.

i know last summer i was selling honda cats for 190-250 to scrap yards. chevy and ford cats only got me like 30 bucks.

yea import cats are worth way more... p.s. scrap yards will always try to screw you over!

import cats do bring in more money that domestic..
i have a guy here that ill be selling cats to and he said 60 for the small 75 for the medium and like 115 for the large import cats..

i believe the insides are platinum??

y0 dAwG, i LiKeZ tO rEv mY mAd tYtE jDm cRx t0 9k rPm aNd sMoKe eVeRyThInG eLsE oN dA rOaD, yU gEt wHaT i mEan d0gG?????
:ph34r:

ha sorry man

Back