Brad's CRX Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i got rid of all my spring type clamps for screw type. its just a better fitment and easier to get a screwdriver or allen wrench into tight spots instead of pliers.
I did that years ago and went full circle with it - now back to OEM spring type on everything. Got tired of smelling coolant. Not a leak, just oozing here and there - I could never get the screw type torqued correctly - tighenend up on a radiator so much it cracked the upper neck once and most other times tighten them up and they would need a re-tighten every 6 months or so. Spring type on the hatch work - no leaks and never need re-torque.

Maybe your experience with them is better than mine was - ok with me - mine sucked. No more coolant smell. Give it a year or so and I'll let you know if I'm happy with them or go back to the screw type again.

Last edited:
They are there to push to rocker arm after vtec disengages or when not engaged. The old B series have these crappy hydraulic ones. When they get old they stick and click. People started taking H22 spring type lost motion assemblies and put a washer at the bottom to make them the same height. Honda updated part numbers and started making spring types with a base as the replacement part :x Spring types don't stick so :D

Korax; I couldn't have said it better. ;) They basically keep the VTEC rocker riding on the cam lobe all the time. Old style LMAs that wear our (like mine after prolonged high revving) let the rocker slap against the lobe making a bad valvetrain noise. A couple different reviews I read claim a smoother powerband. :dunno: I'll include my thoughts later.

So yep! Eight little springs that costed me $240. But in the foreseeable future it's worth it, one more thing that won't give me grief. People used to think my motor was knocking. Haha

PS. I miss this car on the road. :(

Last edited:
I will hopefully picking up the Suspension Techniquies sway bar kit for $75 this week. :) I'll probably put them on the hatch for now.

Last edited:
Both + the complete bushing/bracket kit. Then I have to re install my old ones into this kids car and give him a hand with an axle job. :(

So fellas. I just bought a stock, unmolested, clean title '95 GSR for $1800. Bringing it home tomorrow.

The downer is the CRX and the new hatch have to sell.

Nice pickup! You will be happy with that car. I'm amazed how clean it looks. Esp for being a 95 and $1800. How many km's on the odo?

Back