Brad's CRX Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yea.. but you let her win, sir... YOU NEVER LET THEM WIIIIN!!!!!!! haha... just kidding..

damn mod man....where did that come from? ::eek:

shit i'm thinking of ditching the project myself but have too much money invested to let go.:(

damn mod man....where did that come from? ::eek:

shit i'm thinking of ditching the project myself but have too much money invested to let go.:(
I dunno??? Trying to put perspective about decision making. Brad will have to live with it - may or may not be a big deal to him - I don't know that. But he has put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into the car as a project. So, want to be sure he doesn't have regrets later - as in: "Should have never taken this project on" or maybe worse, "Should have never sold the CRX - wish I would have kept it".....
Was it too Hallmark Channel???? Getting in touch with my feminine side? :)

kinda deep really. :lol:

you have to think though, no matter what you do to the crx it will always be an old as Honda.
It's just a project and you can always do something better later, whether its another crx or something better.

do what you want matt but I would do something totally different.
Hell if you really want to drop some dough.....buy my project. full swap,shell, suspension and all!
:)

I know this has been my addiction and pride this whole time but I really do have to weigh out the situation here. I can't keep on putting money into something that may not turn out the way I want. Then its just wasted time and money.

First I don't want to correct bad alignment with shims and a camber kit, it has to be right. I don't know how a frame puller works but I would want the car 100% straight. Sounds hard and expensive to me but I don't know. If the car can be straight again then cut out rust, strip the two coats of paint then redo it all (original plan).

On the flip side right now the only thing of value to me is the fresh B16 I paid $250 for. The car still has nothing on the title (no claim) so I could chuck the beat B18 back in and cut my losses with the choppy LS transmission, entry level coilovers and unbalanced rims (yes even after buying that last rim all four rims still vibrate, nothing hub centric rings can fix, just shitty casted DRAG wheels - do not buy) then sell the car for what I can as is. Move on.

I still love Hondas, age doesn't matter to me, I love the area of 88-00. I don't think I'd buy another CRX for future (more seats). And if I were to start another project I would like to buy something RHD just because I can. Importers here have guys overseas that will hand pick clean stock cars. Been thinking of an EG6 to be honest.

The CRX may not disappear, I could hand it down to my lil sis and she could use it until I want it back. :p

I like the 96ish Si's personally if yer gonna git somethin with a Honda emblem on it...... ;)

Its Brad not Matt.
Lol
I like the 96ish Si's personally if yer gonna git somethin with a Honda emblem on it...... ;)
I like those when done right too, but I still want something with a short ass wheel base. ^_^

Matt 'n I went out for a blast on a tight back road. Both agree the car still feels very tight and responsive to the driver (ESPECIALLY after the recent knuckle swap). It can't be that bad. I should pull out the rear cross member from my parts car and try that. I could see it correcting a whole bunch of caster and probably/hopefully my uneven camber too. Looking in the engine bay the passenger side strut tower area and upper control arm bolt holes look perfect, haven't checked in the wheel well yet.

I've seen much worse CRXs around. There's even a guy on here who cut the ass end clean off his car to swap it for another one to save his. That's dedication.

Last edited:
Just suck it up and fix the friggin thing! There's nothing wrong with shims - if done properly and it net's the desired result - 100% correction.

I'm thinkin it wouldn't be that big a deal to splice up a rear section. How difficult can it be?

Redneck%20Car%20Window%20AC.JPG

cutting it wouldnt be an issue.

safely putting it onto another car? yeah... no. not many shops could pull that off safely, and chances are, he didnt work in a shop, because no legitimate shop would think that was a good idea.

Brad, if you are having any doubts about finishing the car right, just sell it now. If you are planning body work in the future, you'll get tired of it. Body work is the most monotonous part of a project, especially when dealing with rust. Even with my Civic (a very straight car when I began the body work), I became overwhelmed and extremely frustrated at times. And I had no doubts about wanting to finish the project going in to the body work.

If you are going to finish the project the right way, there should be no doubt right now. My advice is to cut your losses and sell the car.

Lol

I like those when done right too, but I still want something with a short ass wheel base. ^_^

Matt 'n I went out for a blast on a tight back road. Both agree the car still feels very tight and responsive to the driver (ESPECIALLY after the recent knuckle swap). It can't be that bad. I should pull out the rear cross member from my parts car and try that. I could see it correcting a whole bunch of caster and probably/hopefully my uneven camber too. Looking in the engine bay the passenger side strut tower area and upper control arm bolt holes look perfect, haven't checked in the wheel well yet.

I've seen much worse CRXs around. There's even a guy on here who cut the ass end clean off his car to swap it for another one to save his. That's dedication.
I'm talking one of these: Wheel base too long for you?

95%20Civic%20Si.JPG

ooooooooooh the 92-95 body style (EG). Not bad. Can be made to look good.

Brad, if you are having any doubts about finishing the car right, just sell it now. If you are planning body work in the future, you'll get tired of it. Body work is the most monotonous part of a project, especially when dealing with rust. Even with my Civic (a very straight car when I began the body work), I became overwhelmed and extremely frustrated at times. And I had no doubts about wanting to finish the project going in to the body work.

If you are going to finish the project the right way, there should be no doubt right now. My advice is to cut your losses and sell the car.
Not slamming you here - and I see your point.

For me, the body work is the last part - along with interior. But, I'll do the exterior sheet metal work first - straignten, fill, prime and such.

For my project, the body work is the final stage of what has evolved into more or less a full restoration. I'm glad to finally have arrived at this point and am pretty cranked up about doing it.

But yeah, the doubts may be telling him something. I have no doubts - just really look forward to doing it and driving around in a nice looking ride. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah I totally like the EGs. I said I wanted a real RHD EG6 from Japan. :)

I'm more looking at costs to do bodywork. If I bought another clean car it would probably cost a lot where I already have my car but it needs major work.

The rear cross member (most bent piece) is going to be swapped out this weekend. We'll see what it does.

Car is too bent to replace rear x member. I will have to wait and trailer it down to the frame shop when I can.

I floated a valve today on the way to work, gotta be more careful.

8 new spring style LMAs were ordered for the head today, can't put it off anymore its ticking sooo bad.

Back