Brads EJ1 Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Speaking of dirt back roading - my buddies and I did tons of that - roads, fields, ditch banks- we logged as many miles sideways as straight. We were drifting in the dirt way back when. There was about a mile of twisty turned ditch bank between my house and several buddies houses at the other end. We called it a "Ditch Bank Run" at night with headlights off and in full drift mode..... ;)

Add to that the famous "Midnight Runs" with out dirt bikes. Midnight on Satruday nights, we'd suit up, me and two buddies and head out across town. All the cops had back in 1970 was radios in their cars - and at times crappy air support from a spotlight in a chopper - no FLIR. You could usually see the spotlight coming and just hide under a tree or behind a building. No match for a 250 or larger dirt bike. I had a 400, one buddy a 350 the other a 250. Worst case, we'd split 3 ways and only 1 got caught. We never got caught. Down boulevards, across shopping centers and malls, school grounds, parks, ditch banks, side walks, railroad tracks, neighborhoods......

Last edited:
yea.... in chicago.. the only way ive ever gotten away from the cops is on the highway...crown vics dont handle or stop all that well... as long as i could keep a distance (keep my plate number out of their range) i usually exited and parked in a nearby alley...

Well fellas I have a confession to make. If you don't like Matts trend whore Corolla....you're gonna hate my new daily...and no....I don't get bitches... :<

1990 Civic LX AKA SUSHI WAGON

-D16A6 Engine/Transmission
-Steve's (Dual-500) adjustable cam gear :thumbsup:
-Function & Form Type 1 coilovers
-Rare Canadian only "Special Edition" tail light piece
-Garden lip (actually screwed in)
-Roof Rack
-Stock exhaust w/ custom tip by me (will slide off and go back to stock)
-6000k HIDs

My dad got this car about 3 years ago from the original owners that had it garage kept. Only 160,000 KMS or 99,000 miles on the body. Its just another spare car on the property. My dads on a motorbike trip in Colorado, last he saw was a stock car. ;)

107_4793.jpg

107_4830.jpg

107_4835.jpg

107_4837.jpg

107_4843.jpg

107_4846.jpg

Anyone spot the playboy? :ph34r:

107_4850.jpg

107_4861.jpg

107_4864.jpg

The boys up to no good.

107_4832.jpg

Last edited:
Not too bad. I like it. Bay would look a lot cleaner with a heat shield on the exhaust manifold. Other than that.....the bay looks nice.

Fat fives look good too.

Thanks, I agree on the heat shield but I also have a wrapped D series header lying around I could put on.

For the fat fives I've wanted to polish them for a while now because the paint has been flaking off. I need some more information before I decide to dig in. So far I have an orbital disc sander so I know that helps haha. My best thought is wet sanding in ascending grits up to about 2000 then polishing will produce some sort of shine?

Ditch the lame exhaust and rack and you've got a winner. We hated the corolla not only cause it was lame, but more because he traded away a nice CRX to get it. That's how I felt anyway. :shrug2:

I like the rack :shrug2:

But....I don't like polished fat fives :shrug2: they always need attention (aka polish) and smudge marks all over the place. I love the OEM machined finish best.

I watch that show"Wheeler Dealers" and they had some guy show up to the shop with his van and refurbished a set of BMW wheels in his van. This is in the U.K. but I figure the cost wasn't bad (less than $100 per wheel)

I'm still giving it a try. I think they will look good with black inside of the spokes.

I think if the HX ever dies, I'm gonna try to get an EF sedan, a del Sol, or another CB7.

107_4864.jpg

107_4861.jpg

The boys up to no good.
The flaming exhaust is cool. Is that Matt's old CRX? Does it have the custom up swept tail pipe tip?

What is loaded up to create the nice flames? How is it ignited? Looks like the picture on the new SUSHI WAGON was snapped just after the fireball?

(In the dayz of my youth, we put more emphasis on the shock wave and less on the combustion artifacts - so we didn't use our cars, and did employ some heavy wall pipe, dry fuel types)

Last edited:
Noo that's another buddy with a stock hatchback. We filled up gatorade bottles with gas then filled up the exhaust then lit it.

Still waiting on the machine shop so I went auto wrecking... I stumbled upon an '89 Prelude with OEM Stanley glass yellow fog lights. Got them for $20, spent another $20 on new bulbs and wire/switch/fuse holder and it came out great.

(Picture Whore)

107_4866.jpg

107_4867.jpg

107_4868.jpg

107_4869.jpg

107_4871.jpg

107_4872.jpg

107_4873.jpg

107_4875.jpg

107_4878.jpg

107_4879.jpg

107_4883.jpg

107_4885.jpg

Always liked the looks of those 4dr EF's. I saw a LS turbo swap hit 12's in the late 90's.....cool to see a little 4dr with a fat intercooler. But the doors are too small for my frame. I have a hard enough time getting out of the EGg. An Ex had a 4-dr GSR.....it was a bitch too.

The GSR block is back from the shop.

$1200 later I got...

-Decked
-Bored .20 over
-New OEM spec pistons for the overbore
-Rings/Bearings/Thrust washers
-Assembled

The head is finished as well, it will only be $150. I ordered the valve seals so in a couple weeks it can go together. Last thing I need is a new oil pump.

bradsblock.jpg

I also painted the fat fives on the 4 door.

107_4896.jpg

Like the color on the wheels - should look real nice on the white car. Motor looks mucho good sir. It'll be great with a fresh bullet under the hood. :thumbsup:

Thats not a very flattering pic of the wheels, its a black base coat with a purple/blue sparcle clear coat. I would like to do the GSR valve cover with it.

Thanks guys I'm very stoked to have the motor back!

Back