Brads EJ1 Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

enjoy that car brad...mine got stolen this past weekend, but at least i drove it for what i built it, to have a good time!! i had it for 5 years 11 months... i know its olny been 4 days.. but we all know the odds of getting that car back in one piece...

That really sucks man. :( I hope you get her back!

I'm really thinking of what I want to paint in that color now. Maybe I'll rice out the Si and do the hood since its clear is shot on the one I picked up. Color match the wheels too. lol

Lol that would be dope. You would want to clear coat it after, it comes out sorta flat. I want to do a VC. :)

Last edited:
I finally decided to get a job, I can't just live off insurance money forever. I'm waiting for a call back, but I'm sure I nailed the job (just another gas station but higher pay. :)

So once money is flowing the B18C is getting all new Honda gaskets, thermostat, Gates Racing timing belt and Exedy Stage 1 organic clutch kit. I found a used (only 5k miles) Exedy kit on HT for about half price so I might go for it.

The trusty D hasn't quit yet. It takes regular use day in and out.

I'm beginning to like the coupe. A lot. Could the coupe be a "stiffer" body design vs. the Integra because of the rear deck right over the rear shock towers? The Integra is a hatch obviously so there is no bracing in between. :hmm: Thoughts?

Last edited:
Yay for getting a job lol

i've never been a fan of the look of the coupe, looks too...weird, I dunno

i think the teg is much stiffer, your body style doesn't have a rear sway I believe and being a civic is made of sheet metal, the teg has thicker and more luxurious based frame rails and thus i believe making it stiffer to appease the luxury sport market

I couldn't honestly tell ya, i've auto-x'd both and hands down I think a teg would out turn a coupe, but a hatch would destroy both

I couldn't honestly tell ya, i've auto-x'd both and hands down I think a teg would out turn a coupe, but a hatch would destroy both
And my shifter kart would incinerate them all! Haha!

Kart%203%20%28Medium%29.jpg

On the right track, even the Rotax would smoke 'em!

Rotax.jpg

My trunk area was constantly filling up with water and muck. After removing a few panels it appears I have a few rust holes. :mad: Then I decided to gut it. Tan interior < clean gutted. Next to go is the carpet.

IMG_20111012_162256.jpg

IMG_20111012_180608.jpg

IMG_20111012_180629.jpg

Teaser pic.

IMG_20111011_140352.jpg

Last edited:
I call it a subframe. Its where the steering rack and rear trans mount connect. I'm swapping it for the DC2 unit when I swap motors. It has a stabilizer bar and appearantly a higher ratio steering rack. It will be a Civic GSR. :)

its a K member.

you plan on putting the interior back after patching up your cancer?

Back