Brian's EK (Under Construction)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:puke: EG

i need to kill the owners of that car

I like it, aside from the rims and the hood.

Completely gutted interior with a fab'd roll cage. It looks nice, on the inside.

the new fenders on your car make it look tons better IMO. you gonna shave the emblems while its at the body shop?

awesome man! take off the ex and the civic badges and youll be set :thumbsup:

what brand/make are the old shocks and coilovers? Miles? I need some new stuff for my ej....

the new fenders on your car make it look tons better IMO. you gonna shave the emblems while its at the body shop?

I agree. The stock fenders look tons better. I don't remember if I told the shop to remove the emblems or not. No biggie if they don't, I can get it done later.

awesome man! take off the ex and the civic badges and youll be set :thumbsup:

what brand/make are the old shocks and coilovers? Miles? I need some new stuff for my ej....

The old ones were Dropzone struts w/ Dropzone coilovers. I think about 30k miles on them, give or take. They are extremely stiff. Give a bumpy ass ride. Dude, if u want them, I will get them to you, all you would have to pay is shipping on them.

Look out, supposed to get the car back next week.

oooo dropzone, nevermind... didnt wanna go that cheap. lol

Probably gettin some kyb's or tokicos with HR oe springs :D

oooo dropzone, nevermind... didnt wanna go that cheap. lol

Probably gettin some kyb's or tokicos with HR oe springs :D

KYB AGX with som H&R Sport Springs is what I have gone with. It's a huge difference in the car's ride. Smooth and soft instead of rough and unforgiving.

Thanks for makin a positive contribution to the thread. :asshat:

Thanks for makin a positive contribution to the thread. :asshat:

nahh yea i agree its on the negative side but wats all that work when ur riding on stock u know what i mean like if u invested into the engine id be like respectt butt its just got looks no speed

Did you read the whole thread or just the last few posts before spouting off?

actually i just saw a riced out PIC SOO I DECIDED TO GIVE MY piece and he still riding stockk soo wats the point of readin the restt

Yeah, the driver's door is jacked up. When the kid got it painted, they fucked it up and didn't use enough paint on it.

I know, I am gonna get rid of that hood and probably get another cf hood to go with it, speaking of that, cf for sale is someone wants it. Hit me up with offers, don't lowball me.

Can't beat the price of $1000 for the this car. Anyway, I already have a motor (built b18c5 that is gonna be dropped in) that is gonna be swapped in.

The car had 17x7's on it when I got it and they were freaking heavy. Plus there was less tire than I like. I want to 16's cuz they are lighter, better gas mileage, and more tire without rubbing the fender. Plus, 16's tuck better 17's IMHO.

First mods to this will be fenders and new suspension.

I don't know whether to go with stock fenders or aftermarket. As for the suspension, that will KYB AGX with some H&R Sport Springs with a camber kit (getting one from a friend, I think it is SPC), suspension the first priority bcuz this car's suspension to damn stiff making the ride rough as hell.

Since the motor will be getting pushed back, I figured I would go ahead and make the car visually pleasing for now. :D

I feel you on the "go" part. Here is an update on the "go" part of this build as I have hit a snag to hold up that part of the build.

UPDATE:
First off, I bought a motor (B18C5) off a friend on mine that has a built bottom end. But, there was a catch, the block may or may not be messed up. I took the chance and bought cause the price of the internals was hella expensive and I didn't have that kind of money. Anyway, I took the block to a reputable shop that does the best work I have seen.

Well...,

I took the block to a performance shop up in Marietta called Forged Performance (great shop, highly recommend) and as I thought, the block is totally useless. When the motor was put together, it was done poorly and when the holes for the head studs were bored out for 1/2 studs, they were drilled crooked. The block is useless but, on the bright side, all the internals are still great (Darton Sleeves, JE Pistons, Manley Rods, ARP Rod Bolts, and Type R Crank).

Now I have a dilemma, I want to get another block and reuse the internals, which is possible, but I don't know what block to get.

Here are the choices:

1. USDM B16 - 1250
2. USDM B20 - 950
3. JDM B18 - 850

Here the thing, the sleeves are bored out to 84mm to accept, as you might guess, the 84mm pistons. If I remember correctly, the B20 is 84mm stock.

I really need some advice on which way to go as this is going to be my turbo project.

I will post pics of the block when I get home just to show you guys something.

THX

How about this, I found a motor from one of the advertisers here on HS.com and was wondering what you guys think.

I would be a b18b1 complete swap. I would have all the internals put in and get the Golden Eagle VTEC conversion kit and use the b16 head I have on it.

What do you guys think ?

UPDATE:

Here are a few pics of the block before the shop disassembled it.

Above:
aboveviewbs1.jpg

If you closely enough, you can see that the holes for the studs are f'ed up and are somewhat of an oval shape.

Block Stamp:
b18c5stampcq6.jpg

Head:
headdk1.jpg

Just thought I give you guys/gals some pictures so you can see what's going on. About 2 hours after I took these and got out of class, block was completely disassembled minus the sleeves being removed.

BTW, these were taken today, the camera just has the wrong settings for the date.

:asshat:

from what i have seen in his thread i have only seen a bunch of pretty pictures of the rice rocket i must have missed the engine swap partt and i have not seen no turbo as part of the project but still respect on dattt... it doesnt have to be fast as long as it looks nice i guess... for some ppl looks mean everythin for some its all about the speed

GOD DAMN MAN WHY DOES IT LOOK SOO RICED OUTT....i mean damnn

from what i have seen in his thread i have only seen a bunch of pretty pictures of the rice rocket i must have missed the engine swap partt and i have not seen no turbo as part of the project but still respect on dattt... it doesnt have to be fast as long as it looks nice i guess... for some ppl looks mean everythin for some its all about the speed

Your entitled to your opinion. But, don't come to someone's thread and be disrecpectful. I wouldn't come to one of you threads and berate your choices.

After reading your posts, I see that you didn't read any posts and just went straight for the pics. Well, here is the short and sweet of this build.

I bought the car cheap and it was riced-out.

Got a motor, b18c5 with a built bottom-end and was gonna put it in the car. Got the block checked and block was uselss, but internals reuseable.

Bought a JDM b18c block and getting it prepped to be used.

While I am building the motor and gathering the parts for the swap, I decided to get the car painted bcuz it is not visually pleasing.

Currently, car is at the paint shop, b18c5 is having the darton sleeves removed so I can put the arias pistons, manley rods, and type r crank in the jdm b18c block.

Since I have to earn my money and it doesn't grow trees like it does for you, I am asking you not to post up anymore respones to this thread unless it is something good to say, otherwise, I will report to a mod.

HAVE A NICE DAY. :D

after reading your thread all my questions have been answered good start to say the least .....

Last edited:
Back