Building a rally EK

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You can get off cheap by giving me 20k and forgetting about the whole idea. Better than throwing it away on a stupid idea.

pisses me off when i read these threads of ppl not knowing what they want to do or anything but that have all this money fuck the bastards. i know exactly what i want and dont have a dime.

Work is really slow today, coming on here and reading some of your responses made me laugh pretty good.

get an IS300 if you REALLY like the civic look and you want RWD. you can do a lexus to honda conversion.... :huh:

seriously now, all these noobs that want a RWD civic, i'm gonna start telling them get an IS300, end of story. i mean, it's still a waste of my time and all, but opinions?

Make more money, then. :)

I work the cash register at a golf course, and I don't do anything unless people want to buy stuff, or if the telephone rings.

He did say extra money, meaning on the side. And Out of those I have actually done 2, 4, 5, and 6. I do brake jobs out of my garage when people need them done, I have a craigslist ad up for brake jobs, and head gaskets. Pretty soon I will put motor swaps. not custom ones but direct drops. I have a detail certificate from a collison repair school so people sometime come to me for that, and my dad works for a delivery company so when he needs help I help him out, and I am trying to sell my f22b2 motor I picked up for cheap.

ThreadDirection.jpg

Where did I say you should leave the golf course? ;)

True, right now I don't really have time to work another job though. I have golf practice every night besides Fridays from 3-6:30-7.

Once the summer comes around I might get another job, but I'll probably be working 40 hour weeks in the summer. So I'm not sure if I'll need another job. It would sure help me move along what I want to do with my Civic though.

I plan on sticking around, i like this website, and im not gonna be one of those "ill prove you wrong" people, im going to try, and if i fail, at least i tried. But i am set on this, so please dont disregard my wishes, i came here for help, not bashes.
Thanks in advance for those who wish to offer their knowledge, but im getting tired, so goodnight everyone.

look at my avatar. see my mirage?

you can use the EVO drivetrain and motor in it. bolts in. fuck a civic. do it.

l_32e913e02d518c62c6f7565fedc9a0e2.jpg

Last edited:
pisses me off when i read these threads of ppl not knowing what they want to do or anything but that have all this money fuck the bastards. i know exactly what i want and dont have a dime.
this guy doesn't have any money. thats why hes asking how to do it himself. and anybody who can accumulate that much knows what is a good decision and what isn't. if you aren't smart enough to get that money, and you just got it for free, then you deserve to waste it on a piece of shit build. just my .02.

Theres another option you guys forgot, he could get ahold of wagovan and use that.

But yeah, it would be neat but not pratical. you want to do an awd swap to anything I would get a mirage and do an evo swap. or a really old ass mirage and put the newer evo stuff in it.

But when I think about AWD it just makes me want a rwd car more cause IMO awd is not the way, your still gonna have torquesteer.

i doubt torquesteer is a concern. normally that is only a problem in drag racing.

I don't think the thread direction matters anymore. Everyone already covered how he can just buy an evo and go that route. But for the sake of helping this guy out...You could buy a wagovan as was said earlier which is already a d-series drivetrain. Drop in a d16z6 build that up and throw a turbo on it. But replace the whole suspension setup. Most of this stuff will probably have to be fabbed up from evos, subys, or toyotas that are built to rally. After you have dropped a ton of money into fabbing up a custom suspension, drivetrain, and built the motor, you will need to upgrade the brake system, wheels and tires for dirt racing. After all that is done you will need a roll cage, fuel cell, 5 point harnesses, and helmets. After that gut the car and put two racing seats in there. Key point-chassis rigidity. work on that. front and rear strut tower braces, lower tie bars, h brace, c-pillar bar, on top of the roll cage. Also you need to add torque damper and poly urethane motor mounts so you don't go through motor mounts weekly. good luck man

Back