CAFROG's K20-R EGg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah that sounds like a full schedule. Cool that you stay in shape with Muay Thai.
I need to lose 15lbs of fat and gain 10lbs of muscle......although I would need to work out for that to happen and I hate lifting dead weight with no other interaction
......maybe I should start with Thae-Bo with Billy Blanks lmao

Billy-Blanks_02.jpg

I hate debt......no charge card usage on the swap :) But it took a while to save lol. In many ways, I still have the same state of mind I had in college when it comes to monthly spending
......the mindset of a broke student. Most teachers can't believe I do this stuff and spend this much money.

Except, in college, I use to live off:
Eggos
Top Ramen
Cereal
Hot Pockets
Potatoes/Eggs/Milk/Toast
Kool-Aid
5.6 million bottled waters
Pizza, Pizza, Pizza
and go to my favorite Thai food for a "date" :wink:

Oh and the free Yuppie Vegan food from the artsy fartsy coffee shop/live (eclectic) music place I worked at in college that I would eat.
I skated 12-15 miles a week (work/school) and, when I went back home to visit, my mom thought I wasn't eating enough (I probably wasn't lol)
I was around 6'2" 185-190lbs. I'm about 205lb :shrug2: but was 218-220 a year after college, w/more money for better/more food (and no more 12-15 miles of skateboarding a week) In conclusion......Billy Blanks may be necessary in a few years lol

billyblankswo.jpg

Talked to Steve at HMO and he is going to send me a PRC-O13 ECU (I have PRC-J01)
The "O13" is the older type R ECU and will hopefully fix the O2 sensor situation.
Sadly......he wont get one until December (shipment for Nov wont have any of those ECU's)

I think I will half way finish the exhaust and try to drive it this weekend (w/O2 popping off and everything!)

Yeah....that ebay seller is smoking fat bowls of crack. They are usually around $250-325.

Steve is switching me out when he gets it. I hope it works.

Technically......I am really wanting to be optimistic and will try to clear the codes now that the IACV is working.

I doubt that it will work but it would be a lot cooler if it did. :cool:

Great Success!

borat.jpg

So the fuel pump wasn't turning on and I was stump :mad:

I checked the wiring and found the spot. It was one of the wires for the immobilizer bypass I had my dad place into the plug (over the phone lol)

Anyways.....I wiggled it and notice the pump would turn on and off. Reset it in the plug and fired it up.

No Check Engine Light!!!

It wouldn't rev past 6k in neutral :shrug2:

Took it for a spin off the resonator and the cat (whoa loud).

I Took it easy, did a few U-turns on the street and didn't hear any clicking or anything.

Got it on a bigger road (pissing people off as I drive by) and got on a clean country road.

Took it to 8500 in 2nd and it rips!!! My shin splint is a little soar from that stage 4 clutch lol.

I am so drained after it all lol....first time driving it was psychologically draining :cool: I gotta a lotta money and time in it.

Oh.....and I sat extra long at a stop sign letting a sheriff go ahead (at a 4-way stop) and I shifted at 1500 behind him :ph34r:

Good deal bro! I know about that first test drive anxiety. Been there done that. :) I think many of us do that.

Ya tie up $1000's and huge amounts of time - then the first test or fire up and ya stress real good hoping nothing breaks. When I cranked up the ZC for the first time I was waiting for it to seize or slap a valve into a piston. ROFL!

I did it when I did my swap last summer - it was a $4 grand+ affair and my DD. I was on the rental car thing and need to stop the $ hemmoraging. :D

My little rig is still running good - don't beat on it too hard. But, it's no stranger to 7500 RPM.

Last edited:
Yeah.....the nerves took a toll on me today.

But I am happy to get stuff going in the right direction.

I'm stoked to have things get better rather than additional problems. This process "should" have been easier.

After talking with my dad......he thinks it "might" be that the code(s) disappeared when I hooked up a good percentage of the exhaust (all the way past the rear suspension).
Kinda makes me wonder b/c Steve at HMO told me that USDM scanners wouldn't be able to read the JDM ECU :shrug2:
All I know is the codes are gone, it idles well and I got all the coolant leaks taken care of (fingers will continue to stay crossed)

I was nervous enough with both hands on the steering wheel.
My mind thought something stupid was going to happen.

I did "plan" on doing a video but the exhaust is so loud (even with a cat and resonator) that I was scared to take it back out that day.

Hopefully get the missing piece of the exhaust (the muffler) installed on Veteran's day (if the shop is open).
If not....gotta wait until Thanksgiving break (I get a whole week off)
But a video should happen towards the end of November.

Last edited:
Already got it. Vibrant sleeper muffler....its all mate black with a 3" tip. So it don't look like its that big of an exhaust.

Sadly....I won't get away from a raspy sound at high rpm's. We'll see how loud it is but it'll be quiet "enough" under 3k rpm.

In hind sight....I am still torn between the 2.5" and 3" exhaust piping.

I went with 3" but 2.5 would've been quieter.

But 3" will be all I need even if and when I bump horsepower up.

I was nervous enough with both hands on the steering wheel.
My mind thought something stupid was going to happen......
That's pretty funny man - I'm glad you shared that - I thought I was the only one that stressed on a new build. :D

You know the drill, take it out a drive it a little, ring it out a few times and the stress will fade away to nice big smily face and you'll be glad you did it and all that shit!!!

Last edited:
2.5 is good but I always wonder what I would pull through the muffler with a full 3" exhaust.
Your gonna have a flange on the axle back? I wouldnt weld it....gonna have to cut it off when you take off/change mufflers.

I got a clamp after the resonator and a clamp in front of the suspension. I got them from Summit Racing. They clamp on both pieces of pipe.

If I have to switch out a muffler.....I figure I can disconnect it from there and take a grinding wheel to the weld to get a muffler off.

I can also disconnect after the resonator and run straight off the cat and resonator.

Getting the muffler put on Friday Morning....tomorrow afternoon is the beginning my weekend :D
Thank you to all our Veterans out there.

Hopefully the weather is good and I can take a video or two this weekend.

Back