CAFROG's K20-R EGg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Whoa Whoa Whoa There, Big Haas....thats too many steps ahead. I need to get it down the road first lol.

But I wouldn't mind a little sneaky pete bottle for the top end runs :wink:

^ Very cool - there is no doubt it was named after drag racing legend Sneaky Pete Robinson. He was a famed innovator and well known for his tricks back in the day.

This concludes today's NHRA history lesson. :)

Last edited:
Make it all Vin Diesel with the RX-7. Could get some behind the passenger side rear panel (where the rear speakers go). In the movie, it looks like there were 3-4 sneaky bottles tied into one another.

No progress on the car. This weekend, I will try to bleed the coolant again and put it up on the lift for the exhaust.

But I got two car shows with my dad (were looking for a early muscle car) and I brought work home that needs to be done so the progress will be minimal.

Work was a bitch this week. Will anyone adopt me so I don't need to work anymore?? I promise to get the swap done and rippin' a lot quicker ;)

Not a bad idea if you want to go that route anyway. No sense in advertising it with a billboard of a 10lb bottle if you're just going for a slight edge.

Looking for anything particular or just a nice project?

Most likely a resto-mod but with the market now.....its smarter to find a 70-100% done car and catch it on the cheap. Would be chasing money if we bought a $5-10k project and then did it (although this is what I prefer). This is something my dad wants to do with me but its leaning more and more towards a complete car instead of a project. Its for fun but value and bottom dollar will never leave the equation. My EGg is where money goes to die but my dad is much wiser.

We like lots of cars (56 Chevy Bel Air, 63-67 Vette.......hells yeah) but many are out of our price range or.....the budget my dad has set.

62 Impala and 62 Chevy Bel Air bubble top is what my dad has been into lately and I really dig them too. Maybe a Biscayne turned into a tribute??? Bottom dollar will decide.

64-67 Chevelle (I like white with blue interior, buckets, 327 or 396, manual 4-spd) SS or not.....all depends on too many factors to list lol.

69 Camaro Z28 (most likely a tribute) with the hounds tooth interior and stick with a correct version of the stroked 305 that it had. But definitely not a racing stripe Camaro (they look nice but too many of them)

Maybe even a early 70's Camaro b/c we feel they will soon be desirable and go up in value (8-12 years) A resto mod may by cheap and we could give it some fun under the hood.

Hell...guys are hot rodding 70's vans and late 50 to early 60's 4-doors but we ain't that desperate. Although I figure they will bring a possible profit soon

I hear you on the price point. They've gone waaay up since the Barrett Jackson era began (everyone thinks their cars are just as valuable.) You'll be surprised when looking into early 70s Camaros. As the first gen is so desirable (not much I wouldn't do for a nice 1969 Camaro lol) the second early second gens have already been on the up swing since the early 2000s. Novas too. My brother got a solid 71 example as his first car (bastard) in 2001 for $1500. Even with the stock 307/powerglide that same car today wouldn't be had for less than $5-10k.

My dad had to make a sacrifice the looking for a 68' Chevelle since that's what he had brand new back in the day. He knew he wouldn't find a 396/4 speed SS like he had on a working mans salary, but even base models are nearly untouchable in good enough shape. So he settled on the right front end but with the el Caminos wrong back end. Still, it was nearly done with its 468bb muncie 4 speed and a 12 bolt. He changed so much of it that he practically built it himself and so can feel that satisfaction when hes drivng it nearly every day. So if you have to go the somewhat pre built route, its not all that bad. You can still make it your own project.

Good luck with the search. Nothing feels the same as driving a classic car. They just have so much character that newer cars just can't compete with.

I agree about the early 2nd gen Camaro being hot for some time now but they can still be had for a decent price and there are more of those "possible deals" out there than the 1st gen. I can get a straight body 69 Camaro (base model) with a very straight body for $5-6k right now but it would be a big project and my dad don't wanna pull the trigger.......like I said.....62 Chevy is on his mind lol.

67 Chevelle on Mecum in St Louis (I believe it was live yesterday) Sold for $14,500

It wasn't a true SS but it clean, clean, clean (inside and out) and had a nice 396 stuffed in there. We will be hitting some auctions soon. There are some deals on there too. But, they are selling two Yenko's Saturday......so their final price will be jaw dropping. Sucks we missed out on Hot August Nights in Reno, NV. there are deals out there but there are also guys smoking crack as they ask stupid amounts.

My dad has built 6 hot rods since I was a kid (more before my existence). Anyways (2yrs ago) he sold a 38 Chevy Coupe Pro Street for $32k (had $23-24K in it....plus years, blood, sweat, and tears) and we just saw it last weekend (same owner) it was a little beat up from their version of wear and tear. The kicker was he had a For Sale sign on it.........$55k. We had a good time laughing about that.

Now we are going back to his roots (Muscle) He bought a 69 Mustang Boss 302 off the show room floor and has regretting selling it ever since (owned it 3 years) We cannot touch one with our budget.....not even a clean tribute. But it would be fun.

Here's something my dad and I like.......but this set up is worth $35-40K.....so $25-30K to do a project if you find one. Maybe cheaper depending on the mods, motor, suspension, trans, etc.

62 Bel Air Bubble Top Resto-Mod

BelAirBubbletop1962white_514_2.jpg

My dad had a 61' as his first car and I love em so I can see his drive to get one. Great looking cars. He has so many cars he regrets selling back when they didn't mean a thing. That Chevelle for sure. It was a one of kind special order somebody put in that the factory mixed up (read: more rare) so he got it new at a discount to boot. A 67 Better that hegot after the Chevelle as the second owner. 67 GTO. I wish he never sold them too! Haha Imagine what theyd go for now.

Here's something my dad and I like.......but this set up is worth $35-40K.....so $25-30K to do a project if you find one. Maybe cheaper depending on the mods, motor, suspension, trans, etc.

62 Bel Air Bubble Top Resto-Mod

BelAirBubbletop1962white_514_2.jpg
Beautiful.

You ever see the '56 Bel Air that Boyd Coddington restored? They would show glimpses of it up on the storage rack on the American Hot Rod series.

Two tone paint, nice restoration and stance and injected big block power.

The Junkyard Dog:

0404 PHRP 01 Z (072 77) CHEVY Photo 1

Yeah.....I remember the build of that 56 Chevy on his old TV series. It was done very well.

Boyd use to be quite the hot rod builder.....and painter. Throughout the years, I remember seeing some of his many builds at the NHRA West Coast Nationals. He got big with Boyd wheels that were one-off and never made again (he also had mass produced line later) Then he went bankrupt only to come back with mass produced Boyd Coddington wheels and got bigger than ever before but hardly touched a car himself......and then he died.

He was a hell of a builder back in the day, had some awesome cars, but a total douchebag in person. I never really cared for his line of wheels though. Too gaudy for my taste.

Its dyno numbers aer a whole lotta nada lol. Exhaust will be next and then K-pro. I am sick of messing with this stock ECU.

I got a code for both O2 sensors so I need to figure out whats wrong or what I did wrong. I will know more once its on the lift.

Got my dad's lift cleaned up. It was on the side of the house while the garage was under construction and it was absolutely filthy.
A gofer made a nice tunnel under it and mud/dirt was packed in pretty heavy. Hundreds of dead worms and snails too
Took us almost two hours to clean it because the structure underneath made the water fill up channels and it was a pain in the ass.

We set it up and I drove the hatch on it.
Got my transition piece welded to the flange and will start the exhaust soon.

100_1739.jpg

Last edited:
Ur car looks amazing. Itll be nice when its cruisin flawlessly.

Ive got 3 friends that work for a guy who has a bubble top. They say its absolutely amazing, but Ive only heard stories.

I got some progress done on the exhaust.

I welded the 2.5" flange (connects to my cat) to a 2.5"-3.0" transition piece and then welded a 3.5" long piece of 3" exhaust to the transition.
Welding is not my thing so it looks like poo-poo but it wont leak!

It is inserted into a 3" Vibrant resonator.

100_1741.jpg

100_1742-1.jpg

Here it is from the front. I have an assortment of jack stands and shade tree height assistants

100_1745.jpg

And the back.

100_1743.jpg

The height of the exhaust above the sway bar makes it look like the muffler will point down. No es bueno.
I think I'm gonna bitch out on the muffler and have a shop do it. I am worried I would measure 14 times......cut once......and still be pissed off lmao.
I cut the plastic for the muffler tip exit b/c it will definitely be more towards the passenger side even with the angle I turned the piece towards the center of the car.

100_1744.jpg

Back